Breastfeeding

fast let down..oversupply?

how do you know if you have a fast let down?  My LO is gassy alot so im eliminating dairy, but im also wondering if my let down is fast or  if i have too much.  she gulps like crazy sometimes and it is all over her face.  does this mean anything?  thanks in advance

Re: fast let down..oversupply?

• Do you feel engorged even when she's not due to eat? That could be a sign of oversupply. You could try pumping a bit before having her latch on so your flow is slower. If she's gulping it down, sounds like you guys are both doing well though :) I had to stay away from brocoli and aspargus while breastfeeding my LO - made her sooooo gassy!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sounds like you do have an oversupply and over active letdown. Only nurse from one side per feeding and lean back when you nurse. Nursing on one side will help ensure she gets hindmilk and not just foremilk. Foremilk has a lot of lactose and that can make baby gassy.

Leaning back when you nurse, slows the flow of milk. Burp LO really well. Don't pump, that will increase your supply and make things worse. You can get more tips from kellymom.com.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"