Multiples

The fighting over toys and everything else is driving me bonkers!

And it's only gonna get worse isn't it?!  The twins just turned 1 and older DD is 2.5. They all fight over everything and one twin is constantly climbing on her sis and pulling her hair etc. And even if there are TWO of the same toy they want what the other has. Always. And the constant crying, falling, god help me. And I mean someone is always crying in this house. Hold me Crying
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: The fighting over toys and everything else is driving me bonkers!

• My girls have started fighting over the same toy or just generally attacking each other too. This started around a month or so ago. L will even laugh when her sister gets frustrated or upset! They pin each other down, smack the tops of the other's head, grab ears/eyes/mouths...it's like WWF! I had no idea this would start at this age! It's not like they are learning this from anyone because they aren't around other kids...
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Yeah... I'm assuming it's only going to get worse.  One of my babies is a full on fighter.  She screams (not crying, just screams at the top of her lungs) when she fights with either of her sisters.  The other baby is a bit submissive and doesn't fight back much.  But my 3-year-old fights back.  She and the screaming baby scream at each other.  It gets pretty ugly.  I feel your pain.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • kegkeg member
    You know, I don't think it necessarily gets worse.  I think my girls went in phases and now (almost 4) do a really great job at sharing.  Does that mean we don't have issues...definitely not, but most of the time they can work it out without adult intervention.  I definitely had one that went through a phases where she wanted whatever her sister had, regardless if she already had the exact same thing already.  Thankfully, my other DD realized that they pretty much had the exact same thing and would often switch with her sister just to shut her up. :-) 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• I sympathize. My boys fight over toys all the time. Also snack cups, sippis, books, my lap... We've asked the family to please get them identical Christmas gifts this year.
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Mine have outgrown this (for now). I actually barely remember it if that gives you any hope. My 4 yo is bad about sharing sometimes so I separate them when he gets territorial and it seems to work really well. He just wants some space to play on his own. The twins 95% of the time are VERY good about sharing. But we def. had difficulties when they were just starting to walk really well w/ them going after each others toys.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"