Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

make ahead toddler meals

Im at a loss....Its easier for me to make a few meals for LO and freeze them.  I have a few items that I keep on hand...

Pasta with ground turkey and organic spaghetti sauce-freeze in individual portions

turkey hotdogs

organic chicken tenders

cheese quesadillas

chicken sausage w/ apples

These are all the things I keep on hand for her then I just cook or heat up and add veggies and fruit.

I need more ideas that I can prepare ahead for also times when Dad needs to feed her. 

Re: make ahead toddler meals

• Options
    I make chicken burgers that I freeze ahead
  • Options

can you provide the recipe for chicken sausage with apples, please? sounds great!

how about meatballs? we make "oscar sandwiches" which is fresh spinach sauted and then added to the cheese quesadilla. Anything in wrap, quesadilla style works well for DD. Have you tried mini egg quiches in a muffin pan?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I make and freeze a few things for my LO:

Oatmeal:  I put a couple of cups of frozen wild blueberries into about 6 cups of water.  Bring that to a boil and add oatmeal until it is thick.  Cook for 1 minute.  Cool and put into glass containers.  I usually add a cube of cherry purree (I just thaw a bag of cherries, put them into the Baby Bullet and freeze in an icecube tray) to each container to sweeten it and make it a little thinner. 

Rice:  I bake chicken in the oven.  I cook rice, peas and carrots in the rice cooker.  I puree zuchinni and spinach and sautee with a little bit of oil and sometimes chicken broth.  After the chicken cools, I cube it and add it to the rice along with the spinach mixture and some spices (cumin and chili powder).

Pasta:  I cook pasta with lima beans, green beans and carrots.  I add cooked ground beef, spinach puree (sometimes avocado puree too) and some spices.

This takes some time, but I make enough for 10 meals at a time.  I like knowing that LO is getting healthy meals when we don't have time to make them. 

• Options
    ns1ns1 member
    You all are amazing.  I just made pancakes and froze them and called it good.  Tonight DD got turkey cold cuts, cheese, and applesauce.  I'm feeling some inspiration though!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"