1st Trimester

4 weeks-ish

Hi everyone,

this is my first time posting on any pregnancy related message board. My husband and I had been TTC for 2 months and then my cycles started getting irregular, so went to the OBGYN and he gave me a cycle of Clomid and Metformin and Prednisone. And bam, here we are, 4 weeks-ish along. I'm saying 4 weeksish because my cycles had gotten longer. According to my temperature charting, ovulation happened on or around October 11 so I am counting from 2 weeks prior to that for calculation purposes, not my date of the last period (which was 9/20).

My husband has two children (girl, 6 and boy, 9) from his prior marriage, and they live with us pretty much full-time. We get along great, and we have discussed the possibility of a sibling with them already, which they are excited about (not so coincidentally, the ex-wife also happened to get pregnant a couple of months after we first started talking to the kids about a sibling, so they now have 2 new little brothers/sisters on the way). We haven't told anyone about the pregnancy yet and plan to wait until after the first heart beat appointment in December. It's my first pregnancy so I don't want to jinx anything (I hope I'm not jinxing by posting here!).

Has anyone had issues with tummy aches early on in pregnancy? I wouldn't call them cramps, it really feels like a mild tummy ache, but it's fairly constant and I've had it for about a week (it was one of the things that clued me in that I was pregnant before I tested last Saturday). It does subside with rest and it does come back with movement, which from what I read seems to suggest that it's related to the uterus expanding. Any thoughts? I'm getting a bit tired of having a constant tummy ache. Morning sickness hasn't started yet.

Looking forwarding to talking with you all!

Re: 4 weeks-ish

• First of all, congratulations! I had some pain in my lower abdomen, mostly on the right side due to the uterus expanding, but i wouldnt exactly describe it as a stomach ache. Theres a lot changing down there so discomfort is normal. Best of luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats!  I just found out I'm pg and I'm also about 4.5 weeks.  I have a 3 yr old as well.  I have had the dull cramping since I O'd.  It's normal.  you'll feel it throughout your pregnancy.  You'll get used to it! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks everyone!

Thanks Kames12, my doc had me come in once a week to monitor growth of the follicles, so I assume he knows what he is doing. But I am glad it was just one cycle and worked right away! I think it may have been more of a timing issue, since my cycles had (inexplicably) suddenly gotten longer (from a regular 28 days, to then 31 days, to then 35 days??) we probably just didn't get the timing right, with the monitoring and the temperature method we were able to predict more accurately when ovulation would happen. Just hoping Clomid isn't going to give me twins, one is quite enough since I have 2 step kids already! :)

• Congrats! Sounds like we're about the same as far as cycle. My normal cycle is 37 days and my last period started September 19th. I believe we conceived October 13th. (Thank goodness for the PTracker app!)

This is my 2nd pregnancy and hopefully will result in my first live birth. I'm so freaked out! I keep reading about chemical pregnancies and all of the bad things that can happen. I am scared enough as it is (because of what happened last year) and reading is only freaking me out more. I have NO symptoms which is very different than my first pregnancy. This time in last year's pregnancy the wind could blow and my boobs would kill me. This time, nada. Aside from peeing more I have no symptoms. That freaks me out too.

As for your discomfort, it could be from your uterus expanding. There is so much happening inside so aches are "normal." If it gets painful I would call the doctor but if it's just uncomfortable you're probably a-okay. We should be ready for our first u/s around November 9th. If you're still uncomfortable then definitely mention it to the doctor. 

Congrats again and H&H for the next 9 months. :) Yay July 2013 mommies!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • The peeing is a bit of a bugger, I have a bladder the size of a pea anyway, and the past 2 weeks I've been waking up 4-5 times a night! I don't know where all the liquid is coming from.

Good luck this time around, I hope everything will be perfect!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"