1st Trimester
Options

traveling during early pregnancy?

We are driving to go on vacation (24hr drive) in two weeks and I am so nervous based on how yucky I am already feeling. Anyone have any suggestions for traveling during early pregnancy?

Re: traveling during early pregnancy?

• Options
    Talk to your Dr. They might be able to prescribe something in case you start throwing up or nausea when you are in a vehicle. You might be fine. Keep drinks and food nearby.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would bring some ginger ale along for the ride. That has seemed to help me a lot so far.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pack some grocery bag just in case you get sick. Bring ginger ale to sip and saltines or rice cakes to snack on too. I found that if I kept eating and drinking a little bit, instead of allowing my stomach to be empty, it helped immensely. Good luck!
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Also, make sure that you get out and stretch your legs often so that you're not too cooped up in the vehicle. I did a fair bit of traveling for work and pleasure during my first trimester and my doctor told me to make sure that I walked every 2 hours for at least 5 minutes to keep the blood flowing. Also, keep a variety of snacks in your bag (you never know what will sound awesome or awful at the time) and make sure to eat often enough to keep your blood sugar up. Even though you're probably peeing a lot already, make sure that you are consuming plenty of water (and just prep your hubby that more stops may be required than usual). My first trip I made the mistake of avoiding liquids so that I wouldn't have to go to the bathroom as much and I ended up feeling worse than I probably would have if I had been hydrated properly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"