Success after IF

Help! soooo much anxiety over FET

Here it goes, my first post since my intro :) Just coming off a failed fresh cycle with a c/p, I am terrified about this upcoming FET.  I guess when they transfered the "best" embryo's for the fresh cycle I feel like the frozen cycle has no chance of working.  It's our last try so I am looking for some positive stories that you may have.  TIA!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Help! soooo much anxiety over FET

• I don't have any experience with transfers, but I wanted to wish you a lot of luck! :)
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I also don't have personal experience with FET, but I don't think your logic is necessarily true.  You don't know what went wrong with the first and that's no reason to think this one won't work.  Good luck!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.
    Some charts AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore
  • Loading the player...
  • We were in pretty much the same boat.  Last try, a couple of very early losses, and "low quality" embryos left for our FET.  Then I got a BFP!  It can happen, just try to stay positive and take it one day at a time.  I'll be thinking about you :)
    TTC #1 since 4/09 w/ MFI
    IVF #1, 7/10: Cancelled due to dominant follicle; IVF #2, 9/10: c/p; FET #1, 11/10: c/p; IVF #3, 4/11: BFN; FET #2, 6/11: BFP! Beta #1 = 118 (11dp2dt), Beta #2 = 1975 (16dp2dt)
    DS born 2/17/12

TTC #2
    IVF #4, 11/13: BFN; IVF #5, 3/14: BFP! Beta #1 = 59 (11dp2dt), Beta #2 = 406 (15dp2dt)
    EDD 12/19/14

BabyFruit Ticker

• I just wanted to wish you well, when is your FET?  There are so many unknowns as to which embryos are best and why some implant and some do not.  Try and think positive, you have no reason at this moment to think it will not work.  And as a positive an FET is much less harsh on your body.  Take care and good luck!
    H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!

• Hang in there.  My son is a FET after a failed fresh.  The nurse called him the JV squad at transfer, and he's a happy, healthy toddler!  gl
    TTC since April 2009 dx = PCOS; TTC History for DS - A FET miracle after 7 IUIs; 2 fresh transfers, and 1 other FET resulted in BFNs. Hoping and Praying for baby #2: Cycle 1 - FET; November 2012 BFN Next Steps - who knows? Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Well my first FET resulted in an early m/c and we had transferred the best embryo (top rated...couldn't be any better) we had.  Right after that we actually chose to transfer our worst rated because they froze 2 of them together.  So we thawed and transferred both and that is how I got my 2nd daughter.  Those 2 embryos were rated lower than the one that m/c but obviously had a better outcome!  So don't worry so much about the rating and think positive thoughts!!!

Good luck to you!

Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • Thanks for all the positive replies & support.  Our transfer is November 9th.  I think my anxiety lies more in the fact that our resources will be exhausted after this cycle so if it fails I have to come to terms with more than just a failed cycle, it's the end of the road in terms of treatment.  I also feel alot of guilt as DH is thrilled with our family & it was more for me that we did further treatments so I feel like I have put financial pressure on our family that we could (like all of us) well do without.  I appreciate your sharing your experiences & I am sooo grateful to have a supportive group of ladies to turn to, who actually "get" what IF is all about.  Thanks again!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry your fresh cycle didn't work. I felt exactly the same way. Yet the only bfp I ever got was with my FET. Initially 2 stuck. . . Good luck on the 9th!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"