High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Intro! On Hospital Bed Rest...

Hey ladies! I frequent the multiples board and my BMB, but many women on the multiples board said you guys were a great resource during their bed rest stays!

Short version -- I wasn't "high risk" throughout this pregnancy -- di/di twins, uneventful, etc. Started having BH contractions regularly around 22w, but no cervical changes. Started seeing cervical shortening around 27w, at which point I was put on modified bed rest.

Fast forward to yesterday...

Well, it looks like my water broke for one of the girls at some point on Sat night/Sunday -- I had been slowly leaking fluid (originally thought it was discharge or urine), but went into L&D Monday just to ease my mind -- good decision! Definitely was amniotic fluid, and I was 1cm dilated.

Was transported via ambulance to a nearby hospital with a Level 3 NICU, and now am on a mag drip (ugh...side effects), on the standard antibiotic cocktail party, already had my first steroid shot, and will be here until the girls decide to arrive!

The great news is that the MFM here thinks I can easily go a week - if not multiple weeks - given good fluid levels so far, not in active labor, etc. Obviously, the "average" is a week, but I'll take every single day we can get. Will likely know more after this AM's u/s.

So, could use all of your good baby baking vibes, so we can keep the girls in there for quite a while longer! Of course, would also appreciate any words of wisdom from those of you who have been (or are) there, too!

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Intro! On Hospital Bed Rest...

• Options
    Sorry you are having issues but this is an excellent place for support! I believe there is also a daily bedrest check-in you should join!! Mag made me feel like my insides were lava - I had the room thermostat so cold my husband had to wear his coat!! Good news is those steroids work wonders for lung development and the mag also has neuro benefits for the babies!! It sounds like you are doing a great job - hope things work out to keep them cooking a while longer!!
    IVF/ICSI #1 July/August 2011 BFP # 1 - B/G twins - preterm labor/cervical incompetency @ 23w3d FET # 1 March/April 2012 - BFN 5/1/12 FET # 2 July 2012 - BFN 7/24 FET # 3 BFP! EDD 5/15/13 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just got released from the hospital yesterday and yes the mag is a pain. I hope that your little girls keep baking and things go well for you.  Every week in you is better for the babies. I hope you have a great support system also. I found trying to be friends with the nurses helped immensely and the Internet.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Lots of good baby vibes heading your way lady! I know no one likes the hospital but at least they can keep an eye all the time on the little buns in the oven. Tech and medicine have come so far hopefully they will stay put for a while longer! I've never done the bed rest thing in pregnancy but I had to do it as a sickly child and I'd say with all the options around now keeping in touch with the lovely ladies here and delving into an entire tv series or movie mini series will help kill time between all the nurses and doctors coming an going!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I replied to your post on Multiples, but I'll reply here too to make sure you see it!

I was pretty much in that exact place 4 months ago.  Twin A's bag ruptured at 29w3d. I had a slow leak so I tested negative for amniotic fluid twice before I finally tested positive at 30w and was put on hospital bed rest. I drank a ton of water and my fluid levels stayed within normal limits the entire time. I had a pretty uneventful hospital stay, though quite boring. I made it until 33w3d before my water fully broke and I went into labor.  I was scheduled to be induced at 34w1d, but my twins decided they were in charge. Stick out tongue It's pretty standard to induce at 34 weeks with a premature rupture due to the risk of infection. Is that your MFM's goal for you?

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or want to chat/vent. (You can page me on Multiples.) I'm sure I've felt every emotion you're feeling now and probably had some of the same questions.  I'll be praying for you to keep those babies in for a few more weeks!!

Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • Options
    Prayers for you and your babies.
  • Options
    I'm also from the Jan BMB... Praying for you and your LOs...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"