December 2011 Moms
Options

Finger nail trimming

Is anyone else having a heck of a time trimming their baby's nails? I used to do it when he fell alseep nursing at night but now he is at the stage that when he's done nursing he doesn't want to be rocked or held. There is really no way I can do it awake. Last weekend DH held him while I trimmed. You would of thought we were torturing him!  Do any if you know any tricks?

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

Re: Finger nail trimming

• Options

I don't know what the weather is like where you live right now but over the spring and summer I was having the same trouble you are so I started taking J outside to trim his nails.  He loves being outside so he sits so still while I hold him and quickly trim his nails and toenails.  Also, I think its a lot easier to trim them when he is sitting in my lap (his back up against my chest/stomach).  Its much more like doing my own nails so I don't worry as much about cutting his little fingers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 0015-1
  • Options
    imagekhbe14:
    I don't know what the weather is like where you live right now but over the spring and summer I was having the same trouble you are so I started taking J outside to trim his nails.nbsp; He loves being outside so he sits so still while I hold him and quickly trim his nails and toenails.nbsp; Also, I think its a lot easier to trim them when he is sitting in my lap his back up against my chest/stomach.nbsp; Its much more like doing my own nails so I don't worry as much about cutting his little fingers.

I live in Florida so trimming his nails outside is totally doable. DS loves the outdoors. I'll have to try this. Thanks for the suggestion.

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
    5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
    DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It's such a pain!  I try and do it when he falls asleep in his carseat that way I can get all 10, otherwise I only get about 3 at a time.  Other than that I try and give him a toy for the other hand so that will distract him for a second. 

• Options
    Somewhere between cleaning ears and trimming nails both of my kids have had meltdowns (with DD it was cleaning her excessive amount of ear wax that she'd melt down, DS is the fingernails)...  What I do is either do them while he's sitting in the highchair with the tray on or just after he gets out of the tub and use a toy to distract him in the other hand...  Usually works without too many meltdowns (as well as having snippers instead of standard fingernail clippers)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I bite them off while he's nursing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I plop her in my lap, give her a toy (something she loves, like the remote or a comb), and just go as quick as I can
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"