Stay at Home Moms

Make Ahead Meal exchange

So I posted about joining this last month.  Apparently though I was taking a friend's spot I am permitted to stay in.  Yes  Last month I did Creamy Potato Soup.  It is one of my favorites!!

I am making meals today for Friday night's exchange and am making Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole with ground sausage.  We have been making 9x13 pans and we are trying to get interest in a smaller group.  So far we do not have the 8-10 we have normally been exchanging with...  so we are in the bigger group for now.  I am planning to make my meal in two gallon bags so if anyone wishes to split it, they can.

I have 2 friends in my exchange and they are making pasta (we are not a pasta family).  They both msged me and offered to split the meal (make an 8x8 pan instead).  I am very thankful to them for the smaller meals since with a red sauce, my kids won't eat it, so DH & I are eating pasta for a week!!!  We have taken to refreezing some of the soups if they will reheat okay.

Thinking about making a french toast casserole for December.  Thoughts?

Re: Make Ahead Meal exchange

• Um...can I have the hash brown casserole recipe? That sounds so good. Oh and French toast casserole is always a hit in our house so I say go for it.
    Gabriel 11/04/09 Vincent 9/17/11 Grace 8/02/13
  • That's so funny you mention that today. I met with 2 moms this morning and we are exchanging frozen meals. It's a great idea. We cook 3 different recipes for 2 people. So ill come home with 6 8x8 casserole or crockpot items.
    IMG_7454 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"