March 2012 Moms

Storm check-in

Kept my power all night. Thankfully they trimmed my road back hard this summer. Made a big difference with keeping our power.

Wind was insane. Woke me up a few times. Never seen anything like it and I wasn't even in the really high wind zone. Just the 50-60mph zone. No damage though. Love being married to a tree guy. He keeps our trees nicely trimmed, no dead limbs, etc.

In a lull right now but suppose to get heavy rains later and more wind. My area is under a storm warning. I will be fine as I am not near the river and on the mountain side of the road. But the town where I do my grocery shopping should have some flooding as well as the lower parts of my town. Basically, I should be fine but there is still some to come so we'll see.

DH is working the overnight shift. Just got to bed right after 7am. Will be back to work at 2pm. He is in NH working his way south. He'll probably get to CT but doubt he'll get all the way to NJ.

Other storm ladies.....how are you doing?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

Re: Storm check-in

• I'm so glad you made out well!! We still have power also. Hope your hubby gets home quickly!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We aren't getting it as bad as the east coast here in OH, but I am floored with the winds and rain.  It looks like we've lost a lot of shingles off of our roof.  Our basement waterproofing seems to be holding out for now, but there are a few wet spots I am concerned about. 

I don't know how you coastal mommas deal with storms like this!  Hope everyone on the coast is staying safe and dry!  The images of NJ and NY are crazy on the news. 

• Loading the player...
  • imagelisadfox:

We aren't getting it as bad as the east coast here in OH, but I am floored with the winds and rain.  It looks like we've lost a lot of shingles off of our roof.  Our basement waterproofing seems to be holding out for now, but there are a few wet spots I am concerned about. 

I don't know how you coastal mommas deal with storms like this!  Hope everyone on the coast is staying safe and dry!  The images of NJ and NY are crazy on the news. 

I'm in Wisconsin and they are saying that Lake Michigan is suppose to be getting 20 foot waves from the storm. Which here is not normal. If we are getting that I can't imagine how bad it really is getting on the coast. I know the pictures are absolutely crazy. I hope that all you ladies on the coast stay safe! T&Ps for all of you guys.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm in VA and we didn't lose power but had a crazy night of wind and rain. Our house shook all night long - I barely slept at all.  We thought we'd escaped with no damage only to have our neighbor's tree fall into our yard this morning and crush our fence.  Our insurance company says the tree and fence are both our responsibility. Awesome.
  • imageaeh72:
    I'm in VA and we didn't lose power but had a crazy night of wind and rain. Our house shook all night long - I barely slept at all.  We thought we'd escaped with no damage only to have our neighbor's tree fall into our yard this morning and crush our fence.  Our insurance company says the tree and fence are both our responsibility. Awesome.

Wow. That stinks. :(

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• imagecountrygrl5533:

imageaeh72:
    I'm in VA and we didn't lose power but had a crazy night of wind and rain. Our house shook all night long - I barely slept at all.  We thought we'd escaped with no damage only to have our neighbor's tree fall into our yard this morning and crush our fence.  Our insurance company says the tree and fence are both our responsibility. Awesome.

Wow. That stinks. :(

Thanks. :-)   My husband doesn't want to pay for someone to cut the tree down and haul it away since we're going to have to pay to replace the fence, so he's got some long weekends of exhausting work ahead of him.  But, it's hard to complain too much after seeing the devestation elsewhere.  We are one of the fortunate ones out of this storm.

• Looks like the worst is past us for real now.  We have some limbs down, but they didn't do any damage to anything.  Also, we had the wind open our basement door after it apparently didn't get closed correctly, so we had our cats run out.  They're my first pets, so I was pretty worried about them.  Sad  They ended up being ok, but really, what the heck possessed them to run outside in a hurricane?!?!!?

I hope your H gets to come home soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"