Babies on the Brain
Options

Weight Gain/Loss

I'm not pregnant yet but I am an overweight woman.  My husband and I are looking to conceive in the spring.  Is it safe to lose weight( not too much though) while pregnant?
photo 978af5ba-08bb-4481-86d8-3ab82265c5c3_zpsc80d6cf2.jpg div align="center">photo f1bdfba8-890a-4221-be22-61d4a9f99eee_zps89ebc57e.jpg
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weight Gain/Loss

• Options
    You would have to ask your doctor. I do not believe it is recommended to loose weight while PG, however I would think you could loose now if you wanted. I have heard of doctors telling women they can maintain/not gain weight during PG.  

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Options
    I've known one person that lost weight while pregnant, but it wasn't intentional and the baby was fine. 

I would suggest trying to lose weight before TTC. Also, I've known quite a few women that have lost more weight after the baby is born than they actually gained.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am also overweight (obese) and wanted to loss while I was pg. I started Visalus before I got pg lost 22 lbs and then tested positive:) even though I wanted to lose weight while I was pg my doc and lots of research said to gain at least 10lbs. I think as long as you start exercise and eating right, right now, that when you get pg you can continue being healthy. I found an awesome mag called Fit and Pregnant that I really liked. Hope that helped some.
  • Options
    I was overweight during both pregnancies. Due to GD, I only gained 14lbs with the first and lost 20lbs with the second. I was not trying to lose weight, but my diet was a lot more restricted than non-pregnant. I was closely monitored, so the doctors weren't worried.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I do not believe it's recommended to lose weight while pregnant, only to aim for a slower weight gain but I would definitely bring it up with your doctor

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I would talk to your doctor.  I have worked with moms who have lost weight throughout their pregnancy due to better eating habits and more activity and they went on to have healthy babies.  Or you will probably be able to maintain your weight during your pregnancy - or gain minimally ( 10-15 pounds ).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"