December 2011 Moms

bath time drama

LO loveslovesloves being in the bath, but getting him out and trying to dry, lotion, and clothe him is torture. He screams and flails like no tomorrow. I dread it and just try to get it done as fast as possible (difficult, with the aforementioned flailing :)

Anyone else have this issue and figured out a way to chill LO out??

Re: bath time drama

• -T--T- member
    We are in the same boat. DS loves bath time, but everything after that is the end of the world. I tried putting the towel in the dryer before getting him out, and he really likes that. I am not able to do that very often since the tub is not in the same room as the washer/dryer and I am usually alone during bath time. He despises lotion. I don't know what the problem is. I'm thinking that I may have to try more or different toys at the changing table to distract him. I'll be stalking the thread for ideas!
  • DS is the same way. As soon as i lay him down to lotion and pj him he tries to run. We now give him his tooth brush and he "brushes" his teeth until I'm completely done. So far it works great, not sure what I'll do once he gets bored of that lol. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Every single diaper change/clothes charge is like this for us. We haven't found a "cure" but distracting his with objects sometimes can buy us some time. Right now he loves spoons...I never thought I would store spoons on our changing table. :S
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh yah. DH gets the fun bath time and I get the no holds barred dry off, lotion, PJs meltdown. I'm pretty much exhausted with an aching back each night after this fiasco. I try to give him all kinds of toys and non approved toys. Nothing holds his attention for more than a few seconds. His new thing he started last night is pinching my arm. Fun times. As frustrated as I sometimes get I always try to step back, take a breath and realize this phase won't last forever. Believe me you aren't alone!

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
    5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
    DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

• -T--T- member

imageHappily Overwhelmed:
    Every single diaper change/clothes charge is like this for us. We haven't found a "cure" but distracting his with objects sometimes can buy us some time. Right now he loves spoons...I never thought I would store spoons on our changing table. :S

This is too funny. We learn such weird things as moms! 

• We definitely have this issue with every bath.  Nothing has helped so far except giving him his paci (only works for a minute because he throws it over the side of the changing table) or giving him a toy that he likes (he usually just throws it as well).  After his baths I will often let him crawl around naked for a couple of minutes because he is really happy when he gets to do this so that gets him in a better mood before I have to hog-tie him in order to get his lotion, diaper and pj's on!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 0015-1
  • DS was doing this... so, when I pull him out of the bath, I wrap him in his towel and then use the toilet as a seat, set him on my lap and dry him off there.  I hand him his toothbrush and he chomps on that while I unwrap him, dry him, and put lotion on him.  Then it's to the changing table, where I turn music on and hand him his Winnie the Pooh phone for diaper and jammies.  DH takes him then and they say goodnight to the neighborhood together, then back to me for nursing.

Sometimes he'll freak when I lay him on the changing table, but it's rare, and if he does it just for a very short time.

• Bathtime is part of our nightly routine so right after he gets out of his bath, he gets laid on our bed. I give him his bottle and that allows me to get him dried, diapered & clothed without a screaming fit. It's the only way I can do it.
  • It's reassuring to hear that others go through this same thing! I always wonder about it when I read recommendations to make a "relaxing" bathtime part of preparation for bed. Bathtime gets LO hollering and everyone here worked up so I just don't see that working for us... But I will try the toothbrush idea. LO loves brushing his teeth!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"