September 2011 Moms

For those that still give a morning and/or night bottle

For mobile users:  If you still give LO a bottle in the morning and/or at bedtime

Do you give formula or WCM in the bottle?  We are still doing a morning and night bottle, and I have been puting formula in it.  B will drink WCM from a bottle, but not from a sippy, though I still try with the sippy.  Occassionally I will give a bottle of WCM during the day, but for the most part we have cut out the daytime bottles, and I don't worry that she's not getting WCM because she's still getting the formula and she eats yougurt and cheese almost daily.  I told myself that when my current container of formula ran out, I was switching to WCM for the morning and night bottles.  But now that it's almost gone I'm having second thoughts.  My pedi was no help in this matter.  He told me at the 1-year appointment that B doesn't need formula anymore, but that it wasn't harmful either except to my wallet.  I just feel more comfortable with the formula because it has more vitamins than milk, so I worry less if she doesn't eat as well during the day.  And I feel like the bedtime bottle helps her sleep through the night.  What if WCM doesn't have the same effect.  But I have to switch sometime.

Sorry that got a little long!  Thanks for reading this far.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: For those that still give a morning and/or night bottle

• We made the transition to WCM when we were given the go ahead at her 1 year appt. I'm not buying formula when I don't have to and I definitely don't want her to get older and be dependent on formula only and not WCM. When we made the transition, I got rid of all bottles except the night time bottle. I didn't want to take formula and the bottle away at once. It hasn't affected her sleep at all by giving her WCM instead of formula. I still give her a Sippy before bed and we are off of the bottles completely. IMO, I would try to switch to WCM sooner rather than later, even if she will only take it in the bottle. One step at a time. Work on WCM then work on the transition to a Sippy with WCM!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DD took a night time bottle until about 18 months. It had WCM.

they have toddler formula. Or maybe pediasure? 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • O is down to 1 bottle, which is a nighttime bottle, it's enfagrow toddler formula. I make 6 oz, she probably drinks 2. 

She has WCM for breakfast, lunch and dinner and water throughout the day.

I do not give WCM in a bottle, we will wean off her nighttime bottle soon. 

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imagevnstacie:

O is down to 1 bottle, which is a nighttime bottle, it's enfagrow toddler formula. I make 6 oz, she probably drinks 2. 

She has WCM for breakfast, lunch and dinner and water throughout the day.

I do not give WCM in a bottle, we will wean off her nighttime bottle soon. 

I am doing this almost word for word. Except I use Similac Toddler Formula for his bedtime bottle. He's down to 4oz. I plan to slowly decrease the amount in the bottle until we can eliminate it.

I am trying to make sure he gets enough solid food on a consistant basis before I elimate the formula completely.

• We are also doing just the one nighttime bottle.  We put formula in it.  My goal was to be done at 13 months, but we still have some left so I figured I would extend it one more week.  We have dropped the ounces from 6 to 5 to now 4 so that way she is getting less and the transitioning will go smoother.  She is drinking WCM in her sippy.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DD2 still gets one WCM bottle, right when she wakes up and sippies of milk or water the rest of the day We were done with formula the day before her birthday and she's been on WCM since. 
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We just stopped giving a bottle before bed this weekend. I was giving about 5-6oz of WCM before bed. Now she gets a snack with a sippy of milk while we sit in a chair with the lights off and watch a Disney movie.
  • Honestly, and I apologize if this is flame full, but I'd check the ingredients and if the formula contains corn syrup solids I would switch (like tomorrow)  to WCM. Any additional nutrients in the formula are negated by the corn syrup and excess sweetener she is getting.
    Almost a vegetarian and almost pregnant
  • LO was off the bottle about 2 weeks after her 1st birthday.  Took alot of trial and error with sippies to find one she would like.  We started giving her a little WCM at about 11 months with meals to get her accustomed to the taste and I switched about a week before her year birthday because I ran out of formula and wasn't goign to buy more.  I was really worried about the transition but warming the WCM seemed to take care of any resistance and finding the right sippy helped too. 

As for a night and morning milk...we give LO a sippy with milk in the morning and then for the rest of the day she actually prefers water.  She weaned herself from her nighttime milk.  Over the course of about a week she drank less and less(sometimes literally taking a sip and that was all) before bed.  One night I just switched to water in the sippy and she took one swig and was done. I offer water but most nights I just give her a sippy of water now before we even start the bedtime routine and she's fine.  It is nice because I don't have to try to brush her teeth now after that nighttime milk before I put her down. 

GL!  Just make the jump.  It is never really as bad as the anticipation of it.  Your LO will learn. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"