Adoption

GTKY Monday -- Favorite "stuck inside" activity

With Sandy blowing through the Northeast, it seems appropriate to ask what you like to do when you are stuck inside, be it for hurricane rain and wind, 6 feet of snow, or?for you sunny location people?blistering heat and sun?

And let's leave out the obvious... ahem... adult 'stuck inside' activities. Big Smile

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

Re: GTKY Monday -- Favorite "stuck inside" activity

• Lol besides the obvious Wink I'd say reading, especially something slightly creepy.  When I'm stuck inside it's because of rain or snow not heat so it's always kind of dark and grey. 

That being said with Sandy I'm kind of hyper-paranoid about the wind so I'm not sure I'll be able to relax and read today. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• IRRIRR member
    I've been checking the board, watching the news and keeping up with friends on FB.  I should just find a book to read since I usually don't get that chance, just not sure I have any in the house the will keep my interest.  The winds are howling and the trees are dancing like no one is watching.  I hope none of them trip.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Loading the player...
  • Netflix...I will start a new TV series and have NO LIFE until all 8 seasons are finished.  I also like to crochet, but I usually do that while I am watching something or hanging out with friends, it is a multi-tasking hobby.
    TTC since June 2009 DX: PCOS October 2010
    6 medicated cycles, 2 pregnancies, 1 ectopic April 2011, Early Miscarriage August 2011
    7 more cycles, 1 IUI, No success after last pregnancy
    7/1/2012 No more fertility coverage
    8/17/2012 started pursuing domestic infant adoption!
    11/26/2012 HOME STUDY APPROVED!!!
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    When relaxing didn't work is my new blog!
  • If we have powerguilty pleasure girly movies or watching a whole tv season on Dvd/netflix.

For no power eating canned goods, reading, board games esp Scattegories.
    Adoption Blog Updated 2/15
  • Reading for me.

To keep the kids occupied we have races down the hall way. Not running (wow broken pictures). We do a variety of things; bunny hopping, crab walk, bear walk, walking backwards etc. I always give the little one a bit of a head start. I have it figured out pretty well, they typically end around the same time :)

Mother of two wonderful boys! Blessed through adoption.

• Great ideas!

We play board games like Settlers of Catan, Agricola, and TransAmerica... watch Netflix... make forts of out of pillows and blankets... with DD, we haven't had many "stuck inside" times yet, but we tend to read books to her, have dance parties, and watch videos of her as a baby. She loves that for some reason!

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

• Napping.

Watching movies.

Cooking. 

We're about to head into 4-5 months of this, so I had better start stocking up on my movie selection and recipes!

:::FOLLOW MY HALF MARATHON TRAINING:::

:::Our Adoption Journey:::

Evan James was born 1/24/13 and matched with us 2/20/13. The LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"