May 2013 Moms
Options

(Kind of gross) Crinone Question

Hi ladies....

Question for anyone who has been on Crinone...I have been taking the vaginal gel since 6 weeks (will be 11 weeks on Tuesday!) and every few days I have clumps of old-looking Crinone that fall out when I am going to the bathroom/wiping.

Today I felt a sort of burning feeling all day, like I had to pee but nothing would come out. I just felt around down there and a GIANT clump of Crinone came out. I feel better but GROSS!!!!!!!!!

My question is this -- I carefully insert it every morning, lying on my back with my knees bent and squeezing all of the gel way into me. The clumps that fall out -- are those that are already "used" - meaning my body has absorbed the progesterone and that's what's left. Or do you know if the clumps mean it's not going to the right place/doing the right thing in my body and thus "falling out"?

Again, sorry this is kind of gross. But I thought I would see if anyone has has similar experiences.

Thanks and stay safe if you are on the East Coast!! I am just north of Boston and lots of school districts are already closed for tomorrow...

J 

Re: (Kind of gross) Crinone Question

• Options

I have not personally been on Crinone, but my best friend was on it recently for several months, and she also experienced "pulling out" a giant clump of Crinone. She had the same concerns you do, but her doctor assured her that it was a normal "side effect".

Stay safe during the storm!! 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I was told to do a vaginal sweeping every 2448 hours.
    As inuse your fingers to retrieve the clumps left in there.
    I was told to do this by the RE's nurse.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ps: if you do the cleaning out part in the shower, it's so much easier....
  • Options
    I was on Crinone for a month while TTC and I know exactly what you're talking about. I used it every night right before bed and after about a week I started getting the clumps falling out. I asked my RE about this and he actually said that it was normal, and if I needed to I could use a clean finger to reach in and pull out the material that I could reach 2x/wk. So every 4 days or so I'd get out as much as I could while standing in the shower. I know that's an even more gross thought than just letting it fall out on it's own but it made such a difference I did it anyway. He said once the medicine was "spent" it would solidify as you've been seeing and start to move toward your opening and so whatever I could reach wasn't necessary to keep inside my body. I did experience some sensitivities that caused a little tiny touch of mild spotting after sex or when I would "clean out" but it wasn't a lingering problem. Spotting brown/pink while on Crinone is completely normal because it has a tendency to irritate your cervix. I definitely think it helped me conceive so it was worth the mess. Hopefully you'll be allowed to come off of it soon and you won't have to deal with it anymore but it's totally worth it to protect your pregnancy. Good luck. Don't be afraid to pull a little out if you need to. Shower is best.
    TTC since 3/4/2010
    Me: PCOS, DH: normal
    Started seeing RE 11/10/2011
    8/31/2012 = BFP!!
    First Ultrasound... TRIPLETS! EDD 5/11/13
    Baby w/ no HB @ 10w4d - We love you angel baby.
    Baby A & B doing great. A/S 12/10/12 - Healthy BOYS!
    Sawyer & Silas born at 33+6 on 3/29/13
    imageimage
    imageView Raw Image" height="250" width="375">

image"Lilypie">image

• Options

Thanks so much for the replies! I have also been googling around and it does look like the clumps are normal. My nurse told me I may have discharge that resembled coffee grounds but I have not had that. 

The clumps are nasty but just a few more weeks of the Crinone!

• Options
    I just finished up a 3 week dosage of Crinone vag gel.  I never had huge clumps but did have small clumps fall out daily.  I was also advised not to 'clean' it out, go swimming etc because the more stays in the more gets absorbed by your body.  I have read online that others were instructed to 'clean' themselves out, but this is not what I was instructed to do.  Your doc/nurse will be your best source for that question.  Also, I never had burning of anykind.  

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 09/2009 * EDD 6/19/2010 * Born 6/12/2010

BFP#2 6/03/2012 * EDD 2/09/2013 * MC @ 5w2d 6/13/2012

BFP#3 8/30/2012 * EDD 5/16/2013

• Options
    I always used it at night, so I was sure it was in there for at least 8 hours before the clumps fell out. I experienced a few small clumps here and there, but never any burning. One morning, after about 3 weeks on the gel, I had a kind of intense throw-up, and a gigantic clump came out with the force. I was petrified but the doctor assured me it was fine! My doctor had me on it for 5 weeks, until I hit 10 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"