March 2012 Moms

Nap nightmares

My DD is taking her nap right now and crying in her sleep. I hate this! Is she having a bad dream? I never know what to do. Do I wake her up? Let her sleep through it? If she's laying on her side I normally just try to rub her back. I like it lots better when she sleeps and gets a smile on her face.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nap nightmares

• When my LO was having nightmares, I was told to make sure he sleeps at night with a bright nightlight because the dark makes it worse. Also, babies who are in front of the television are more prone to nightmares. I stopped facing him at the tv and this cut down on his nightmares.

Also, picking LO up or trying to console does not help because they are still sleeping and have no idea you are even there. I was told to just let them work it out on their own. I did not like this idea, so we figured out that if we wake him completely and then calm him, he will go back to sleep.

Good Luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagestarswinger:

When my LO was having nightmares, I was told to make sure he sleeps at night with a bright nightlight because the dark makes it worse. Also, babies who are in front of the television are more prone to nightmares. I stopped facing him at the tv and this cut down on his nightmares.

Also, picking LO up or trying to console does not help because they are still sleeping and have no idea you are even there. I was told to just let them work it out on their own. I did not like this idea, so we figured out that if we wake him completely and then calm him, he will go back to sleep.

Good Luck!

I didn't know that, my LO loves TV and doesn't have nightmares at all and wakes up sickenly happy ... he sure doesn't take after his momma who is not a morning person lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies! She doesn't do it often but when she does I feel bad for her. Uneducated on the matter, I assumed she was dreaming about shots. That's all that really makes her cry. She is really a happy girl so this threw me. Thanks again!
  • My DD has had two major nightmares at night. She has had a couple that didn't wake her up and she didn't need me. The other two were insane. I had to wake her up. And even then, every time she would close her eyes, she would start to cry again. Whatever scared her, she was still seeing when she closed her eyes. Neither DH nor I could get her calm enough to go back to sleep. She would be okay but as soon as we put her back in the crib, she would freak out again.

Both times I ended up having to nurse her back to sleep.

She has never had an issue at naps though.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"