Toddlers: 24 Months+

Not liking strollers now...

what happens when baby#2 comes?  DS will be 2 when she's born (he's 20 months now).  I can't imagine not strolling a lot with a newborn & would love to get a double stroller.  But I'm afraid he'll be resisting even in 5 or 6 months from now.  Does anyone have experience with this?  Advice?  TIA

Re: Not liking strollers now...

• I just let DS walk. If he tried to bolt, I would put him in the stroller, but I don't think a mobile 2 year old needs to be in a stroller every time you are out. Even now DD likes to walk in the grocery store or Target.

• MIL bought us a double jogger when DD2 was born.  Great gift in theory, but DD1 hated the stroller.  She sold it like 6 months later.
  • Loading the player...
  • I use my double all the time, probably more than when I just had 1 because I need atleast one of them to be contained, and both if I want to get anything done.  I highly recommend a Leap Pad.  We got DD one for her 2nd birthday, I didn't think she'd get anything out of it other than enjoying pushing the buttons.  I planned on using it to keep her in the stroller because at the time she also wasn't into the stroller.  I only give it to her in the stroller so it's a special treat and they have a ton of shows you can download so she loves sitting there watching her shows, she is also able to play a few of the games.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Teterboro 5K 7/16/11 23:22 Tenafly 5K 6/5/11 26:48 1st in age group and stroller division Teterboro 5K 7/17/10 24:42 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/25/10 28:18 4 1/2 weeks pp Teterboro Airport 5K 7/18/09 22:35 3rd place age group 4 1/2 weeks pregnant Long Branch 1/2 5/3/09 1:51:07 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/26/09 22:22 NJEA 5K 11/7/08 22:30 2nd place age group Westchester 1/2 10/12/08 1:50:16 Teterboro Airport 5K 7/19/08 23:43 Long Branch 1/2 5/4/08 1:54:18 Giant Stadium 5K 4/26/08 error in timing Hackensack 5K 10/14/07 23:55 1st place in age group
  • imageJoannaJes:
    I just let DS walk. If he tried to bolt, I would put him in the stroller, but I don't think a mobile 2 year old needs to be in a stroller every time you are out. Even now DD likes to walk in the grocery store or Target.

yep. Ds hasn't been in a stroller since he was 14 or 15 months old.  He just walks and I wear dd. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJoannaJes:
    I just let DS walk. If he tried to bolt, I would put him in the stroller, but I don't think a mobile 2 year old needs to be in a stroller every time you are out. Even now DD likes to walk in the grocery store or Target.

yep. Ds hasn't been in a stroller since he was 14 or 15 months old.  He just walks and I wear dd. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm talking about going out for a stroll in the 'hood, not for shopping.  I know some 3 & 4 year olds that like it, so I'm wondering if there's a period in general when they get back into it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"