Baby Showers

location etiquette?

Hi I am new to the board.  I have a question about shower etiquette. My sister is pregnant and I would like to host a shower for her.  The problem is my apartment is really small and could not possibly accomadate 40-60 people.    Would it be ok to have the shower location at the recipient's house?  Her home-owner's association also has a club house that I could rent.  I have never been to a shower that was at the recepient's house, so I was just wondering if that would be appropriate.

Re: location etiquette?

• As long as she's okay with it, I think it's perfectly fine.  I tend to be laid-back about these things though.  I threw a shower for a friend and it was at my house.  If she asked to throw a shower for me now at my house I wouldn't think ti was inappropriate at all.  In fact, it would be nice to not have to drive the gifts back :-)

• i tend to follow etiquette as closely as i can, and i can't find anything wrong with this. ?the club house sounds like a great idea to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My oldest DD's girlfriend did this for my DD's shower.  It was especially nice since my grandson was already born (3 weeks at shower time) so everything was right there.  If you sister has room then have it at her house...or at the club house...since her baby has not yet arrived.  I don't see a etiquette problem with it.  It's not like she is "hosting" her own shower.

• It's definitely okay!  The closer to her house the better.  Getting all the gifts home is usually the hard part.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

BFP#3 12/09/12 - EDD 8/11/2013 - D&C @ 12w :: BFP #4 2/17/14 - EDD 10/28/2014 - M/C @ 6w

• I think it's totally fine. :)

Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • I wouldn't have it at her house.  Not really because of etiquette, but I think it would put extra stress on her.  The club house sounds like a really good option and it wouldn't matter if it was her home-owner's association or somewhere else.
  • Thank you all for your replies.  I have never hosted a shower before and I am learning so much from this board!  I just found out some good news.  I am moving into a new condo and it has a huge club house that I can rent out for the shower! Yay!   Thanks again for all of your replies!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"