Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Help me refine this idea for a memory journal

Having had DD2, I've realised how many little things I've forgotten about DD1. Even over the course of this year, I'm a SAHM for the year, I have lots of little stories in my head about DD1 that I realise I will forget if I don't write them down.

I've decided to create a memory journal for each of my daughters, and just write down little endearing things they do over the years. A journal that I can give them when they're older, to read through.

Where I need help is just in terms of what I should include and what kind of journal to get. I know a lot of it's personal preference, but I want a journal that will last over time and ideally be large enough so that I only need one.

I was thinking I'd stick in bits of art they do as they grow up, and maybe some key photos. I thought I'd start each one with their birth story. I read a cool blog where the author wrote to each of her children about why their birth was her favourite.

Anything else I should include?

What size? I was thinking A4 size, hardback. Not sure how many leaves, and if I should get lined or unlined. I like the flexibility no lines give.

I intend to handwrite entries.

I've also been intending to write a letter to my kids on their birthdays, about what they've achieved that year. Should I stick those in? Should I stick their birthday cards in? Just "big" birthdays.

I guess I'm worried it will get too big and unwieldy.

Thoughts?

thanks 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

Re: Help me refine this idea for a memory journal

• Options
    what a great idea...i was thinking about something I could do to capture stories too..this is a perfect idea, thank you for sharing and BTW I think any cute journal book would do :)
  • Options

Great idea! :) I plan to do a 12 x 12 scrapbook for my LO. One of her first year because we have so much to include for this year! Then I plan to scrap 4-6 pages each year and add to another book, Im thinking by the time they are 18 I will have about 5 books. I also plan to do the letter per birthday and I have already written her birth story to include :) Regarding birthday cards I plan to make a pocket page on their birthdays where I will put cards from us and grandparents in and also place the birthday letter in their too. It would get too thick if I had to include every card. Another idea is to take a photo of all the cards and place that in the book.

Good luck! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"