Preemies

any recommebdations?

So DD has a new favorite thing, she has become obsessed with being supported in a standing position so she can bounce up and down. It's a riot to watch but I would like to find some kind of bouncer for her. It would be great to be able to go to the bathroom without her screaming the whole time because she can't bounce, and she is really wearing my arms out. It's a non stop bounce fest if she isn't eating, sleeping or being changed lol! I've seen the bouncer things that hook over the door, but those really aren't an option. There's not a doorway that she can be put in watched in one and they just seem like they would be easy to knock down if she gets too carried away, so I'm wondering if anyone can recommend one. She's 4 mos actual, 2 mos adjusted, meeting milestones right on time for her actual age, she's just on the small side so it has to be something that adjusts so she can reach the floor. TYIA for any recommendations.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: any recommebdations?

• We had a jumperoo, fisher price, lent to us from a friend. DS didn't get into jumping until he was older, but even then it didn't adjust to low enough. I stacked big books underneath to like raise the floor and that worked well. I also put a folded/rolled blanket around his chest in the seat to help his stability as he was so small compared to the seat. 

FYI...not sure if this would apply to you as well but out PT and OT recommended we only put him in that apparatus for about 15 minute stretches, up to 3 times a day. They said long periods in that type of "chair" could cause a placement problem with his hips. I'm not sure if that was specific to our DS's needs or a general precaution, but regardless, he loved the jumperoo and I cherished those 15 minute blocks every day!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I will definitely ask her pedi about that when we go Monday.
  • Loading the player...
  • We have an exersaucer and the Rainforest jumperoo.  My LO used the exersaucer with a pillow long before the jumperoo; however she now fits in the jumperoo and in the past couple weeks has figured out the jumping aspect.  She is obsessed with it!!!  We don't put her in it for long stretches but it is nice to be able to load up our things before work or get dinner started, etc and know she is having fun!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Her pedi said today she can have any jumper that she likes, no restrictions! And even more good news we get to start oatmeal twice a day and if that goes good we stop reflux meds after 3 days. He said once the meds are stopped call immediately if she starts having issues so he can get a prescription in, but he doesn't think she's going to have any problems. Yay for good news. So proud of Lo!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"