1st Trimester

Kidney Infection?

Hi ladies! I haven't posted here since maybe my first child, so I'm kinda new again. But I had a question for all of you....I was just wondering if anyone has experienced a kidney infection and what their symptoms were like? I have had an on going bladder infection for awhile now. & I havent actually been to see the ob yet ( I very recently moved to the area to begin a new job, just got my insurance card and plan on calling on Monday). I have had flu like symptoms the past could of days. A lot of lower back back, achy all over, especially my legs, mild fever and then my normal prego nausea and loss of appetite. I would chalk it up as the flu, but since I have had this bladder infection I'm a little concerned. I have been taking Tylenol and the symptoms usually subside for about an hour or two. Anyways I guess what I'm getting at is should I wait it out until Monday or get checked right away? It wouldn't really be a question but since I don't officially have a dr yet, I didn't want to go to the trouble of going to the hospital if it as nothing. TIA!

Ps... Sorry for any typos...I'm on my iPad. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Kidney Infection?

• IMO its always better safe than sorry. I would be checked. In fact I'm going in tomorrow for a similar issue. Good luck!!
  • I have had a kidney infection.  Not while pregnant.  It started with back pain on one side.  Mainly when I bent down and stood up.  Finally, got a bad temp, so the DH took me to the ER.  They took a test, came back neg, said I had an unexplained fever and back ache, and sent me home.  Less than 12 hours later, I was in again.  Same thing on the test, so they just treated me for a kidney infection without actually having one.  Other than the fever and back pain on the side, I was fine.  Until I took the meds, then I got sick.  But I agree.  It is better to go in and get checked out.  Especially if you have a temp.  If your temp gets too high, you could cause problems with your baby.
    ~SarBear~
  • Loading the player...
  • I have had a few kidney infections. And, I had low back pain on one side and a mild fever. I can tell you from my experience, that there isn't anything over the counter you can do that will help make the symptoms subside. It will slowly get worse until you get treated with antibiotics. I would for sure get checked out if you think it could have progressed to that. You do not want to put it off.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"