Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Skin keeps reattaching (boys)

Several weeks ago we had DS checked bc it seemed like the skin had reattached itself to the head of his penis. Luckily the pedi was able to push it back in the office so the head was again exposed. I kept pushing it back and putting Vaseline on it at every diaper change. Two weeks later at his 9 month appt, it needed to be pushed back again. So after every bath, I have to pin him down and press the skin down to prevent the bonding. He just went back to the pedi again this week and it had reattached AGAIN!!! This seems crazy to me. Are any other moms dealing with this? I feel so bad for my little man. I get nauseous each time I do it knowing how uncomfortable it is for him. I hope this doesn't last much longer. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Skin keeps reattaching (boys)

• Yes, we delt with this too.  At first I didn't know what was going on.  One side attached and got red underneath.  When I cleaned it some white stuff came out and he was screaming.  It had sealed up and gotten a bit infected.  The pedi pushed it back and told us to keep doing it and it would unattach.  It eventually did, but it took awhile.  Now, at 13 months it's totally unattached all around and doesn't reattach anymore.
  • Our pedi had to "tear" DS as well and it got really red and bothered him every time we had to change his diaper; however, he seemed to not notice or less bothered by it when we did it during his baths
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • The only time I have noticed pain is when LO's reattaches.... otherwise he squirms because he obviously doesn't want me touching his penis... but no pain. My doctor assured me this is normal, but I would need to continue doing it with every daiper change (though he didn't say how long).

This was my doc's response in an email he sent me when I was concerned about yet another adhesion on his penis.

"Even in circumcised boys, it is normal for the skin to be pushed up at this age. However, as long as no adhesions form it should be easy to retract. As he gets older and loses the fat pad above the penis, the skin will not get pushed up."

• Thanks for the responses. I can see where the skin attaches where it shouldn't and I push it back after each bath. It is awful but has to be done. :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"