Natural Birth

Favorite PN Vitamin

I'm already taking my prenatals while TTC but the ones I'm taking are awful. They give me the worst stomach aches and have a horrible after taste that I seem to burp for hours (YUCK I KNOW). The kind I took with DS I can no longer find... so what brand do you like best?

Re: Favorite PN Vitamin

• I looked at a lot of different brands before I decided to go with New Chapter Organics Perfect Prenatal.  I've been totally happy with the exception of first tri when I was extremely nauseous and had a terrible gag reflex.  Getting 3 big pills a day down just wasn't an option at that point so for a few weeks I did gummy vitamins just to get through then I went back to the real stuff when I was able. 
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • None- I take whole food supplements. Vitamin supplements are not absorbed by the body very well- there by making expensive pee. :) I take a fruit and veggie supplement, along with something called Total Nutrition. I don't have any issues that come from prenatals, and my body absorbs everything because they are natural products- not synthetic.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekatsue0xo:
    None- I take whole food supplements. Vitamin supplements are not absorbed by the body very well- there by making expensive pee. :) I take a fruit and veggie supplement, along with something called Total Nutrition. I don't have any issues that come from prenatals, and my body absorbs everything because they are natural products- not synthetic.

K I seriously don't know why I didn't think of this! I take Standard Process whole foods supplements daily and never even thought to see if they have a prenatal something!

• The only ones I've ever used are the 365 brand at whole foods.  I've never had a problem with them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Centrum Materna
    image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I took Nature Made prenatals, they were about the only ones that didn't make me sick or make my morning sickness worse. They are liquid gel caps.
  • 365/Whole Foods store brand. But! I am rarely bothered by vitamins.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Rainbow Light Just Once PNV. It is awesome, I haven't had any problems digesting it at all. It also has a probiotics and ginger to help with any quesiness that may be expected from a PNV. Cheaper on amazon.
  • Nutrametrix/Isotonix Prenatal is a powder you mix with water...I love them. They HELP my extreme morning sickness. Most vitamins are poorly absorbed (~20% for tablets and ~40% for capsules) these are designed to be 90% absorbed in 5 minutes on an empty stomach. I agree that you probably shouldn't waste your money on tablets, but these vitamins are amazing and taste pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2rPj7a1BY0

BabyFruit Ticker
  • PS. I think the whole foods/organic thing is very misleading in the vitamin industry. Most of the "nutrition" in most of those vitamins comes from a strain of nutritional yeast. I remain really unconvinced that it's not just a big marketing scam. I tried 4 or 5 brands before I switched to Nutrametrix...these were the first vitamins that actually improved my energy. I eat almost exclusively organic foods and feel it is especially important to eat organic meat/dairy - especially when growing a baby - but not convinced the vitamin industry is where it's at.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I also take New Chapter Perfect Prenatal.  I like it!  Great reviews on Amazon too.  I was mainly looking for Folate instead of Folic Acid which led me to these.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelann1068:
    Rainbow Light Just Once PNV. It is awesome, I haven't had any problems digesting it at all. It also has a probiotics and ginger to help with any quesiness that may be expected from a PNV. Cheaper on amazon.

I use these as well. I get them at Target or Walmart for about $10. I also take Expecta DHA. 

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"