Babies on the Brain

need dinner inspiration

Today is shopping day. So, I'm trying to make my meal plan for next week and I need inspiration! I only have 3 days planned so far and we eat out once per week so I need 3 more ideas. I am so bored with all my "usuals." Any one care to share what's on thier menu?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: need dinner inspiration

• I made doritos casserole this week and it was awesome. You need 3 Chicken breast cooked and shredded, a cup of cheddar, half a cup of colby jack, a can of rotel, a can of cream of mushroom, and a bag of doritos. Just mix everything together (minus .5 a cup of the cheddar and the doritos). Then layer it in your pan, I did doritos, mix, doritos, mix, doritos. bake it for 25 minutes on 350 then top it with the remaining cheese and serve. 

its cheesy and a bit spicy and delicious and I'm sure its terrible for you. haha 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAliciaS1411:

I made doritos casserole this week and it was awesome. You need 3 Chicken breast cooked and shredded, a cup of cheddar, half a cup of colby jack, a can of rotel, a can of cream of mushroom, and a bag of doritos. Just mix everything together (minus .5 a cup of the cheddar and the doritos). Then layer it in your pan, I did doritos, mix, doritos, mix, doritos. bake it for 25 minutes on 350 then top it with the remaining cheese and serve. 

its cheesy and a bit spicy and delicious and I'm sure its terrible for you. haha 

That sounds AMAZING! So, far I've planned a pretty healthy menu so I think we can splurge on this one night :)

• Loading the player...
  • I am a big fan of casseroles.  A few of our favorites are chicken casserole (chicken, cream of celery, velveeta cheese, egg noodles, toped with crushed up fritos.  Would also be good with broccoli in it.) and tater tot cassarole (ground beef, cream of celery and shredded cheddar layered with tater tots.  Definitely not healthy).  We also tried one of those pork roasts that come seasoned and you bake in the bag last night it was really good and easy.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• I do a lot of chicken in the crockpot.  I like to throw in a few frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts, a can of crushed pinneapple and half to 2/3 a bottle of sweet and sour sauce.  That's it.  So easy.

I like to make meatloaf because I don't need a recepie and it's pretty forgiving.  I did it this past week with the ground beef, taco seasoning (I just used a half a pack because it was already opened), cheese, onions, peppers, and chili cheese fritos.

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just saw Ree's Fettuccine Alfredo recipe.... that will be Sunday dinner for us!

https://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/07/fettuccine-alfredo/

• What are your usuals? 
  • My next weeks dinner schedule:

Mon- Salsa Chicken (chicken, rice, black beans, salsa, and cheese)

Tues- Spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread, and spinach salads

Wed - Chicken taco bowls 

Thurs - Breaded Tilapia, rice pilaf and a green vegetable

Fri - Quinoa burgers and home made sweet potato fries

Sat - Going out to dinner with family

Sun - French dip sandwiches (chuck roast, yellow onion, beef broth, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, Hawaiian bread rolls) 

if you would like any of the above recipes, let me know! 

• im a fan of chicken pesto pasta...

chicken breasts cut into chunks.. cooked with olive oil and garlic until almost done.. then stir in 1 1/4 cup heavy cream and 1/4 cup pesto. salt and pepper to taste and some parmesan cheese cook till chicken is not pink.. in a separate pot cook pasta (i use penne) when done add to the chicken and pesto.. and done.. its sooo tasty.

i also made taco stuffed shells this week.. delicious.

cook ground beef and add taco seasoning and rotel tomatoes i used mild half can... then i put in a few tablespoons of white queso cheese.. you could use cream cheese too..

meanwhile cook large pasta shells until almost done not too soft. when all has cooled stuff the meat into the shells and put in a baking dish seam side up. cover with taco sauce and mexican cheese.. bake 350 until cheese melts! i made with a side of spanish rice.

let me know if you try any of these if so how they turn out.. or if you have any questions 

• Our fav right now is stir fry.

Chicken breasts - cook them in whatever method is most convenient for you.  I cube them and cook them in a little EVOO in a pan before starting the rest of the stir fry.

Pick out whatever veggies you like.  I really like a zucchini and onion combo, my H likes when I add bell peppers or mushrooms.

Saute your veggies

When they are cooked add the chicken back in.  Add a little butter and soy sauce (I use low sodium) to taste.

Serve with rice 

The nice thing about this recipe is you can easily adjust to how much you need.  With just my H and I right now I usually use 2 large chicken breasts and we still have a little leftover. 

• Thanks ladies! You all have some great recipes. This post has given me lots of inspiration!

• imagehesakeeper:
    What are your usuals? 
    We do lots of chicken. One of my favorites is feta and spinich stuffed chicken breasts. (Thaw a box of frozen spinich and drain. Mix spinich with 1 pkg crumbled feta, an egg, salt and pepper. Fillet 4 boneless skiness chicken breasts so they open like a book. Add filling and close "book." Season chicken and place in baking dish. Mix 1 cup panko bread crumbs with 3ish tbsp melted butter. Spoon crumbs over top and bake at 375 about 35 min). Another go-to is chicken and veggie pasta (sautee a variety of whatever fresh veggies with a cut up chicken breast. Add some white wine and diced tomato, canned or fresh, and fresh or dry herbs. Toss with cooked whole wheat "egg style" noodles and top with fresh parmesan or romano.) DH loves mexican so I usually do "Taco-ish Tuesday." It's not always tacos (hence "taco-ish"). Sometimes I do burritos, enchiladas, chile rellanos or taco salad instead. Also, I do 1 crock pot meal per week, when we have a really busy day, but I tend to do the same 2 things (bbq pulled pork or salsa chicken) over and over so I should probably try to mix it up more there.

• Here's a family favorite....cheap, quick and easy to make and oh so good!

You'll need:

2 packages of refrigerated Pillsbury crescent rolls  (the original ones)

1-1.5 lbs. of raw hamburger 

cheese of your  choice (we typically do American cheese, but it's not necessary to use that particular type....although a yellow cheese would be best)

a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce

Start by browning the hamburger. Once that is cooked stir in the BBQ sauce until the meat is well coated. Grab a cookie sheet and open and unroll one of the crescent roll packs (don't pull the pieces apart). Press all the seams together. Once that is done, spread your BBQ hamburger in an even layer over the flat crescent roll sheet. Cover the hamburger with a layer of cheese. Take the other crescent roll pack and unroll it on top of your cheese layer. Pinch together the seams the best you can. Follow the baking directions on the crescent roll package and throw it in the oven. Serve with your families favorite fruit or veggie. Tada! Super delicious! :) 

Anniversary
  • Maybe a hearty stew or soup. I love just adding all kinds of veggies into the soup pot with some boullion cubes and chicken. It's super fast that way. Or if you want to make something more substantial a beef potato carrot stew is one of my favorites when the weather starts turning cold.
    Me 26 DH 31. Off oral contraception since 1/2012. Actively TTC # 1 since 4/2012. CD3 bloodwork, hsg normal 6/2013. SA performed 7/2013 - low count, low motility. First RE appointment 9/4/2013. Were told SA not good enough for IUI. Repeat SA and additional bloodwork ordered. RE suggests DH see a urologist. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3e32d9/thumb.png
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"