May 2012 Moms
Options

I Wish Someone Had Told Me ________

It's so quiet on this board!  I'm going to start a new weekly thread called I Wish Someone Had Told Me __________ and you guys fill in the blank.  I'll start:

I wish someone had told me how freaking WET babies are!  I knew there would be dirty diapers and burp cloths, but my goodness...I am constantly covered in someone's bodily fluid.  So. Much. Laundry.

Re: I Wish Someone Had Told Me ________

• Options
    I wish someone had told me that no matter how much extra diapers, clothes, wipes, etc you pack in your diaper bag, there will always be that day where it's not enough. Those days where you have 2 poop-splosions, projectile spitting up, and excessive drooling. Always keep backups to your backup in the car ;)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I wish someone would have told me that your worries would reach unexpected places. I was blindsided this week worrying about my parents taking a road trip to see my aunt several states away. My parents take several long trips a year and I never really worried about them until A arrived. I was struck with this fear that something would happen on their trip and that A would lose a grandparent. I prepared myself to be worried about A but I did not expect to worry so much about others more because of her.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I wish someone had told me:

How incredibly heavy the infant carrier/ carseat becomes!! Can not wait until he can sit up on his own. Then car seat can stay in the car and he can go in the buggy @ the grocery store.

How those cute little hooded towels would become too small so quickly. I have a ton of them & I have a pair of long legs hanging out of them after each bath. LOL His, not mine. :)

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wish someone told me how such a little creature could steal my heart!! I have never ever felt the love I feel for my son. It is such an amazing bond. I guess you never know until your there. :
  • Options

...to believe that the in-laws (DD's grandparents) would never be the same again. Payton is lucky enough to have three sets:

• mine: one is 500 miles away and has seen us every month since birth; loves DD unconditionally and is rational
    • his dad: one is 5 miles away and has seen her 4 times since birth; pretends to love us when it is convenient for him
    • his mom: the horrible set is 12 feet away and wants to see her 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; loves DD unconditionally but thinks I'm an idiot when it comes to children; smothering beyond belief (and yes, we are already looking for a new home)

And I completely agree with the car seat statement. If I had known how heavy it would be, I would have started working on my arm muscles upon conception. Smile

• Options
    I wish someone had told me how difficult the aftermath of delivery could be I had a 2nd degree tear but a ton of swelling. I couldn't walk without pain and discomfort for a full month, had no bladder control for that long either. I wish someone had told me to stand up for my own needs in the immediate PP days... I let my pushy, stressinducing ILs walk all over me and invite themselves over to my house for hours upon hours the day after I got home.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagekclou5602:

I wish someone had told me:

How incredibly heavy the infant carrier/ carseat becomes!! Can not wait until he can sit up on his own. Then car seat can stay in the car and he can go in the buggy @ the grocery store.

How those cute little hooded towels would become too small so quickly. I have a ton of them & I have a pair of long legs hanging out of them after each bath. LOL His, not mine. :)

Yes, I can't believe how heavy it is to lug around a baby in a carseat! I see people doing it everywhere like it's nothing and I suppose I look that way, too, but now I know it's a workout!

• Options
    I wish someone had told me how painful breastfeeding really is at the beginning. I thought something was seriously wrong with me and the way we were doing it. Everyone kept telling me how painful labor would be but no one prepared me for how painful breastfeeding is at first. I'll admit I had a very easy labor (compared to others) and I remember saying I would rather have gone through labor 30 times again if it meant I would have no more pain while breastfeeding.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

• Options
    I wish someone had told me that YES, babies do sleep a lot, but NO, it doesn't mean you'll get anything done while they're sleeping.
    Due 12/20/11 ~ Lost our Muskrat at 9w2d
    4/25/12 ~ Our angel, Persephone James, is here!

• Options
    About the witching hours and how babies often 'wake up' after the first 2 week stupor - I thought something had gone terribly wrong with my baby when DD went from constantly sleeping and being content to freaking out all the time!
  • Options

imageJess & Drew:
    I wish someone had told me that no matter how much extra diapers, clothes, wipes, etc you pack in your diaper bag, there will always be that day where it's not enough. Those days where you have 2 poop-splosions, projectile spitting up, and excessive drooling. Always keep backups to your backup in the car ;)

And that you need an emergency backup for yourself. Your baby will wait until you are in a busy public restaurant to projectile vomit on you.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

imagelolalamp:
    I wish someone told me how such a little creature could steal my heart!! I have never ever felt the love I feel for my son. It is such an amazing bond. I guess you never know until your there. :

This is what I wanted to post.  I think people talk about the unconditional love for your children but until you experience it, you really don't understand.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Options
    I wish someone had told me to not sweat the small stuff. I used to be so OCD about everything... DD has taught me to live in the moment because every day is a new thing with wondrous stuff to do and explore. I am able to let the other stuff go in order to be with my pumpkin.
  • Options
    I wish someone had told me how humbling becoming a parent is.  That way I wouldn't have been such a judgmental hussy about everything to do with being a parent before I actually had any clue what I was talking about.
  • Options
    I wish someone had told me about the moby with my first not my third! I love that thing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options

imageelviebird:
    I wish someone had told me that YES, babies do sleep a lot, but NO, it doesn't mean you'll get anything done while they're sleeping.

This! 

But really I don't think anyone could have told me anything that really would have prepared me.  I always knew it was not going to be easy but really I had NO idea.  

I too agree that I should have been pumping iron to deal with the carseats.  My DH is wondering why his back is so sore today.  I'm like umm you are lifting 2 17lbers plus their car seats all the time!  My back had been hurting for months lol. 

I also wish someone would have told me that one second they were going to be little tiny newborns and the next second they were going to be gigantic.  People told me it goes by fast but seriously, like don't blink or you will miss it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I second the Moby statement.

But I wish someone had told me how much I would get pooped on. Seriously, I have gotten pooped on a lot!! Lol.

I also wish someone would have told me how much I would love this little boy. I love him deeper than anything I have ever felt, so deep that I think that love seems so insignificant a term to even refer to how I feel.

The best part is that feeling this love for him has also changed how I love others. My heart has expanded and I feel like I even love DH more now because of our son. I don't think anybody could have told me that... But boy am I glad I feel it. Smile

• Options

How much harder two kids are than one.  I mean, someone DID tell me, in no uncertain terms.  I thought we would be the exception to the rule.  Ha ha... wrong!  But we're still so in love with DD2 that it makes the constant exhaustion worth it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"