Food Allergy

What else could it be?!

DS was diagnosed with colic, reflux, and milk protein allergy.  He's on prevacid (1 solutab/day) and was on EleCare.  He'd been doing really well with the EleCare for a couple weeks...then last Thursday things started going downhill again, fast.  We talked to the pedi GI nurse, and she suggested switching his formula since the symptoms we were describing pointed towards a formula issue.  We dragged our feet a bit, just because we had seen such a happy baby on the EleCare, but had to do something...so yesterday we switched him to Neocate.  The past 24 hours have been awful.  He SCREAMS after his bottle...he SCREAMS in between bottles...he is planking his body, arching his back, and letting out these grunting moans.  The screams he's doing now, we've never heard before.  It sounds like he is in so much pain and it makes me cry every time...I feel SO bad.  He definitely still has painful gas, but we can bicycle his legs or crunch his legs up to his chest and that helps relieve some of it.  But...what else could be the issue?  If it's colic...well, everyone told us he should have outgrown it by now (he'll be 4 months tomorrow).  If it's reflux...he's already on one solutab of prevacid a day and we split it in half to do morning and evening so there's better coverage.  If it's the allergy, the formula should be taking care of that.

What else could it be?  The past four months have been the most MISERABLE of my life...I am sick of hearing my baby scream in pain (at least it's not for 90% of the time he's awake though--that part of it has definitely gotten better) every single day with me not being able to console him or do anything about it!  I'll be calling the GI back tomorrow but just wondered if anyone here had any insight.  I can't wait until he's old enough to "outgrow" whatever this is, and am hoping that there's not something serious going on that we don't know about.

Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
DX: High FSH/DOR
It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What else could it be?!

• I have no advice, but I'm so sorry. You should be enjoying him being little, but not when he's in pain. Hope you get it figured out!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"