Parenting after 35
Options

Back from our magical Disney week

Had a great time on both our Disney cruise and at the Magic Kingdom.  The girls (ages 6 and 4 1/2) did great.  Perfect weather.  The girls were tired and we had at least 1 tantrum a day but given all that we did - they did amazing.  In hindsight, I would have planned a few things differently (not done a formal dinner our 1st day at WDW for example) but overall it was amazing and we can't wait to take the girls to WDW in a few years when we can do more of the parks.  The girls LOVED the cruise and have been asking repeatly when we can do another one!! 
Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 

Re: Back from our magical Disney week

• Options

Glad you had a good time.  We felt the same way when we went-magical.  Our girls (and us) are looking forward to going again as well and thats coming from someone who wasn't even sure about going the 1st time (not really into crowds & noise)

What was your girls' favorite attraction? Did you end up doing bibbidi bobbidi boutique?

DD#1 5 years DD#2 3 years
  • Options
    Oh I'm so jealous!  I LOVE Disney but haven't been in 7 years.  We're planning to go in 2014 right before DD2 turns 3.  I took DD1 for her 3rd birthday and it was such a good age to go.  We want to do a cruise eventually as well.  What was their favorite part of the cruise?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
  • Options
    image2Gma:

Glad you had a good time.  We felt the same way when we went-magical.  Our girls (and us) are looking forward to going again as well and thats coming from someone who wasn't even sure about going the 1st time (not really into crowds & noise)

What was your girls' favorite attraction? Did you end up doing bibbidi bobbidi boutique?

The girls loved BBB and are still talking about how they are areal princesses now.  They have talked more about the Disney Cruise than the Magic Kingdom so far so not really sure what at the park other than BBB and dinner in the castle they really loved the most.
  • Options
    imageaurora1974:
    Oh I'm so jealous!  I LOVE Disney but haven't been in 7 years.  We're planning to go in 2014 right before DD2 turns 3.  I took DD1 for her 3rd birthday and it was such a good age to go.  We want to do a cruise eventually as well.  What was their favorite part of the cruise?
    They loved just about everything on the cruise - the Mickey pool was great for them as they could walk around, it was warm water and they could swim a bit.  The thought the kids club was just OK - my 4 year old loved it but my 6 year old was overwhelmed.  They only went 1 time.  My 4 year old would have gone back but only with her sister who didn't want to go.  On our sea day we finally convinced the 6 year old to go and the 4 year old had a melt down and wouldn't go (she was way to tired and needed a longer nap).  The AquaDuck was a blast - 6 year old went about 4-5 times including once at night, 4 year old was too short.  Food and service was amazing - the ship was spotless.  It felt like they were cleaning each bathroom stall after each use.  We did the dolphin Ecounter excursion in Blue Lagoon when in Nassau and that was a true highlight.  My mom treated me to a masssage in the spa on the sea day and it was pure heaven.
  • Options
    I am glad you had a good time.  We also went to WDW Oct 21st-26th and had a wonderful time.  Can't wait to go back.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"