Pittsburgh Babies
Options

Doctor Suggestions?!?

I just found out I am pregnant (5 weeks) and am trying to find a doctor. I do not have an OBGN locally as I am new to the Pittsburgh area. I currently live in the north hills area. I made an appointment at Magees but got a really bad first impression. This is my first baby and I do not know what I am doing and I want a doctor who cares and will help me though this not make me feel stupid because I don't know the right questions to ask. Does anyone have any suggestions? Good or bad? I am lost!

Re: Doctor Suggestions?!?

• Options
    I would personally stick with Magee.  There are a few things about it that may not be as personal as smaller hospitals, but I would never have a baby elsewhere.  This will be my third delivery there.  Especially if anything goes wrong, it really is the safest place to be.  I recommend ob/gyn associates of Pittsburgh.  
  • Options

Where do you live in the area?? I live east of the city and delivered my DD at Forbes. Had a great experience there. I saw the docs at East Suburban OB/Gyn. I really liked them all. Most practices with many docs have you see all of them for the OB side since who knows who will be on call when you deliver. I wouldn't let the office staff discourage you. I think most have some rough folks that answer the phone. Ha. And if you do not like when you go to 1st appt, you can always change.

I got a new job and new insurance so I will have to leave East Suburban and VERY bummed about it.

Good luck and congrats.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageAnne22202:
    I would personally stick with Magee.  There are a few things about it that may not be as personal as smaller hospitals, but I would never have a baby elsewhere.  This will be my third delivery there.  Especially if anything goes wrong, it really is the safest place to be.  I recommend ob/gyn associates of Pittsburgh.  

I 2nd that recommendation. I love them. There are a bunch of doctors at that practice and I have only had 1 that I was not  a fan of.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Thank you ladies! My DH and I have decided to continue with our first appointment at Magees and see what we think after meeting with a doctor there. We live in the North Hills so if we decide to go else where we will probably go somewhere a little closer. 

It is helpful to have others who have had experience with it, we are telling our families and friends until we get an all clear from the doctor so I am trying to figure this out on my own. The opinions are greatly appreciated!

• Options

I third this suggestion.   Magee has been consistently ranked as #1 in the area for babies.   You simply cannot go wrong.

Magee has a wonderful group called Magee Womencare Associates.   They are amazing!!!   I have used them for 15 years.   Dr. Tatineni is simply the most professional, down-to-earth OB you will find.   She wasn't there when I delivered, but made a special trip to the hospital the next day to meet my daughter.   you can't go wrong

• Options
    imagejanagrubor:

I third this suggestion.   Magee has been consistently ranked as #1 in the area for babies.   You simply cannot go wrong.

Magee has a wonderful group called Magee Womencare Associates.   They are amazing!!!   I have used them for 15 years.   Dr. Tatineni is simply the most professional, down-to-earth OB you will find.   She wasn't there when I delivered, but made a special trip to the hospital the next day to meet my daughter.   you can't go wrong

I second the vote for Dr. Tatineni!  Bonus: she has very tiny fingers Cool

my hero wears kevlar Pictures, Images and Photos

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

as a different suggestion in case yours does not work out - I'm delivering at West Penn and have heard nothing but fantastic things about the hospital.  My OB is West Penn OBGYN.  They have an office in Cranberry.  My main doctor is Dr. Sword but I see them all right now.  I love the practice.  And I really loved the hospital when I went on my tour.  

https://www.westpennobgyn.com/locations.html

~ Single Mother by Choice ~ IUI with donor sperm - BFP on 2nd attempt! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    A friend of mine delivered at Magee and was unhappy.  She was not attended to very well after she gave birth.  Her family ended up cleaning her up after the delivery bc the staff took too long.  She had many complaints.  Everyone that I have talked to prefers St. Clair Hospital and that is the one my doctor is affiliated with.  Not sure if that is to far for you though.
  • Options
    I delivered at West Penn in March and had a great experience. I was well attended to both before and after delivery. I go to Century Medical and see Dr. Logan. He was wonderful and always answered all my questions and concerns. If you aren't sure about where you want to deliver, try going for a tour of the different facilities and see what you think. We are due again in July and I wouldn't change anything. good luck!
  • Options
    I went with premier women's health, they have offices in Adams Twp, Sewickley, and moon. You deliver at Sewickley, they did a great job with my first. They will rush you to magee if there is any serious problems, but assuming you have a typical labor. 
  • Options
    Greater Pgh PB GYN is wonderful. They deliver at Mercy which is slower paced, and they are incredible at their jobs The nurses are great, the epidural was easy, they give you tons of diapers, supplies, etc to take home. They are really supportive with teaching breastfeeding techniques. As for the Drs, every one I met throughout my pregnancy just got better and better. Drs. Rapkin, Florio, and Nicholas are my favorites.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"