Secondary IF

MIF~ Oligoasthenozoospermia

Hi Everyone!!

Im new to this site (usually on BBC). My husband and I have been TTC #3 since our loss last Nov. I had a 51 day cycle last month and on top of that DH SA came back no sperm twice. We were sent to a RE and today I had my cd12 sono to check follicle size and get all of our blood work results and his SA after 6 weeks. It is 100% male factor I was told and DH SA was poor. It was an improvement from "no sperm" to 300,000 but in Nov he has to supply another SA to confirm Oligoasthenozoospermia. I?m going crazy on the internet and was curious if anyone else experienced this and has had improvement? We were also referred to a urologist but DH thinks we should just wait until our next SA to see if it's necessary.. What he doesn't know is im making the other apt tomorrow regardless lol. As Im reading this SA report it just looks hopeless. Not to mention my RE said at this point IUI isn't even an option and we may need IVF which isn't an option for us. Sad

Nikki

Re: MIF~ Oligoasthenozoospermia

• Sorry about the diagnosis.  We are dealing with potential male factor, too.  I don't have experience with that particular condition-- a few women on here might. 

I occasionaly lurk on the infertility board (I never post there since I do have a child and I want to be sensitive to them).  I know that they have a weekly check-in for that particular condition-- it might have a lot of good info for you.  If I recall, I think there were a few success stories...

Lots of luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Love, luck, and prayers to my BFPB Dr. SnowflakeBride

• My husband was diagnosed with azoospermia because his SA counts all came back at a big fat ZERO.  It's a really difficult thing to deal with, but I tried to look on the bright side.  At least we knew where the problem was and were no longer trying to guess what route to take.

A brief conversation with my husband and we decided on using a donor.  Since it was 100% MF, this was the easy solution.  (Ironically, I had more reservations about using a donor than he did.)  We were able to find a donor with the exact same characteristics of my husband and through IUI now have a beautiful little girl... trying for #2 with the same donor this month. 

Be patient and use all your resources.  In the end, it's all about love.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekofmkg:

Sorry about the diagnosis.  We are dealing with potential male factor, too.  I don't have experience with that particular condition-- a few women on here might. 

I occasionaly lurk on the infertility board (I never post there since I do have a child and I want to be sensitive to them).  I know that they have a weekly check-in for that particular condition-- it might have a lot of good info for you.  If I recall, I think there were a few success stories...

Lots of luck!

Yeah I made the mistake of posting on the TTTC board and didn't realize they were still TTC #1. I apologized right away. The only reason I posted there was a google search lead me to a post and it wasn't active so I thought maybe I'll just introduce myself and look for some info.. Whooops.. anyway I was pointed into this board .. Good to know there was success.

• Our first 2 anaylasis were zero sprem and now we are at 300,000 a few weeks later w/o treatment so Im praying we get somewhere soon. Im glad to hear your wonderful outcome. If you don't mind me asking did it take only 1 try with IUI alone? My RE said once we got the sperm count up to count ( if possible) we will put me on a fertility drug and start the process of IUI. IM not 100% sure why I have to go on a fertility drug if I check out. I didn't bother getting into it because I need to take the first step which is getting H's sperm count and motility up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"