pt boot camp moms come in! — The Bump
Atlanta Babies

pt boot camp moms come in!

So, I'm getting ready to do this with Cooper... I'm thinking of doing it at Christmas - it's the same timeline as when we did it for Jax. 

If you did this - how "ready" was your child and how did it go?  Was your lo showing a lot of signs of readiness, or just some and how successful was it?

Jax was so ready and had been a while.  So it worked great.  Cooper is smart but very different than jax.  - He will pee and poop in the potty very randomly.  he tells me when he's pooping... and he talks about it a lot (we watch elmo potty time A LOT)  So i'm just trying to gauge readiness I guess..

tia!

Re: pt boot camp moms come in!

• We tried the pull ups thing with L and it didn't work.  What actually worked was going straight to underwear so that she could feel the pee going down her leg.  Gross, but it works.  So you could say we did boot camp.  It took a little longer than three days though.

She was going randomly in the pull ups and on the potty before we put her in panties. We rewarded profusely with m&m's, gummies, or anything she was willing to work for.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I have nothing to offer, but so glad you posted this.  MJD will be 2 1/2 at Christmas and honestly with the new baby I've had ZERO desire to even want to potty train.  But he will pee on the potty at bath time and even yesterday woke up saying he wanted to pee on the potty, no poop yet, but will tell us at random times when is about to poop or has pooped.  So we know he's getting there, but I'm just being lazy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMSquires100:
    I have nothing to offer, but so glad you posted this.  MJD will be 2 1/2 at Christmas and honestly with the new baby I've had ZERO desire to even want to potty train.  But he will pee on the potty at bath time and even yesterday woke up saying he wanted to pee on the potty, no poop yet, but will tell us at random times when is about to poop or has pooped.  So we know he's getting there, but I'm just being lazy. 

Yeah...that is why Jax wasnt' potty trained before 2.  he probably could have been - he was so ready!  and It was easy to focus on him.  But I didn't want regression.. no wet sheets at night and a newborn, no thanks!!  Cooper isn't as far as jax...and I wonder if it's just different kids, or lazy mom!

• We did pretty good with peeing, but she will still have pooping accidents. She just doesn't like pooping on the potty at all no matter how much we bribe her.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Like your two, my two are different from each other.  While Ethan was really easy to train, Jack was not.  Jack took his time and was in no rush to train.  As we got closer to his third birthday, I was obsessively working with him to get him trained.  What is the funny/weird thing about Jack, is that he had no issues pooping in the potty, but was scared to PEE in the potty.  Go figure??  When I was finally determined to get him trained (and I had his daycare teacher on board), we only let him wear underwear and that definitely helped even though he would have accidents.  That was a year ago now and I'll never forget when he finally peed in the potty.  I ran around the house screaming with excitement.  It's like once he saw his pee hit the water in the potty, his fears vanished.  Ha!!  Good luck!  Hopefully Cooper will be fairly easy to train.
  • There is no doubt that Sophie is more ready than Gavin was at this age- she tells us when she's wet/dirty, asks to go potty sometimes, and is actually starting to take off her diaper before she gets to the potty sometimes (I wish she wouldn't).  But she has never actually done anything in the potty.  9 times out of 10 she will do it as soon as we put the diaper back on.  She just hasn't figured it out yet.  I know it will require big girl panties vs diapers/pull ups but honestly, DH and I are still totally traumatized from PT her brother and have no desire to start with her!  But our pedi cautioned me not to put it off too long b/c she may start to lose interest if we don't capitilize on it now.  Basically, we have agreed to wait until after the holidays/travel and wait for her to move up to the next class at school where they actively work on it.  I got the impression from her current teachers that they would work with her if we wanted to do it but that they don't typically do it in this age so I don't think she'd get the reinforcement there that she would need.  Oh and she has already decided to ask Santa for Yo Gabba panties for Christmas- lol.  I can't wait to see his face.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards