Baby yeast infection....red bumpy skin like diaper rash but not — The Bump
Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Baby yeast infection....red bumpy skin like diaper rash but not

Anybody dealt with this yet? My boy has what appears to be a yeast infection since my normal go to diaper rash treatments aren't working. It is mainly centered around his groin area, but it is slowly creeping to his chest area. What did your doctors tell you to do, or what did they give you?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Cycle #6 BFP-02/27/11 ~ CP-03/02/11

Cycle #7 BFP-04/08/11 ~ Blighted Ovum 5/6/11 Methotrexate Shot, Emergency D&C 5/16/11

Cycle #12 BFP-10/02/11 ~ EDD 06/13/12!!!
Beta#1=282.2, Beta#2=448.7, Beta#3=739, Beta#4=1846!!!
Taylor Duane T. was born June 15, 2012

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Baby yeast infection....red bumpy skin like diaper rash but not

• I've never heard of it creeping upward, but in the past we have used Lamisil or other athlete's foot cream for the red, bumpy diaper rash/yeast infection. Also, probiotics helps too.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image megperk72:
    I've never heard of it creeping upward, but in the past we have used Lamisil or other athlete's foot cream for the red, bumpy diaper rash/yeast infection. Also, probiotics helps too.

Okay, that is what I read too so I will try that. We go to the doctor on Friday, but if I can get it under control before then I would like to do that and not have to make two trips this week. And when you say probiotics what are you refering to? Like yogurt or something else? He is just 4 months old and we just started solids a few weeks ago.

Cycle #7 BFP-04/08/11 ~ Blighted Ovum 5/6/11 Methotrexate Shot, Emergency D&C 5/16/11

• image megperk72:
    I've never heard of it creeping upward, but in the past we have used Lamisil or other athlete's foot cream for the red, bumpy diaper rash/yeast infection. Also, probiotics helps too.

That's what our MW also suggested when DD had hers. 

• Awesome, you girls are the best!! :)

• image Babybear70:

image megperk72:

Okay, that is what I read too so I will try that. We go to the doctor on Friday, but if I can get it under control before then I would like to do that and not have to make two trips this week. And when you say probiotics what are you refering to? Like yogurt or something else? He is just 4 months old and we just started solids a few weeks ago.

Sorry, just got back to the board now. We use the capsule form probiotics, open up the capsule and dump it in the bottle. If you nurse, you can put a little with some of your milk in a bottle first.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We use Lotrimin at my work.  (I'm a pediatric nurse.)

If you're aiming for the more natural route though, you could try coconut oil (natural anti-fungal), and I would definitely start him on probiotics.  Make them routine from here on out to prevent future yeast infections as well. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards