South Jersey Babies

NJ Short Term Disability

Hi Ladies! I actually live in Philly, but I work in NJ; I was wondering if anyone used the State STD to cover their maternity leave. I have some questions about how it works!

How long does it cover?

Did you have to wait long to start getting paid?

How much does it really pay?

TIA!!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NJ Short Term Disability

• I was wondering the same thing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm going to be using the temporary disablitity when I go out on materinty leave and from what I read it's 4 weeks before your due date 6 (vagnial) and 8 weeks for c section. I'm not sure about how much you get paid I think it depending on how much you income you bring in. And as far as getting paid I think once they get all the paper work you will start getting paid. You can go to www.nj.gov/labor to read more and to get the paper work you need.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am the opposite..I live in Jersey and work in Philly...so no maternity leave in pennsylvania!!! UGHH it really stinks...

Anyway...NJ is like the PP stated 4 weeks before and 6 weeks after for vaginal and 8 weeks after if c-section.  Im not sure how long it takes to start getting paid, but they usually pay about 60% of your normal pay.  That being said I would gladly take it...

Pennsylvania gives you absolutely nothing...it still is unimaginable to me..Good luck

BabyFruit Ticker photo dip1004.jpg
  • I used this last year when LO was born. It's 6 weeks post birth and pays 2/3 of ur weekly salary up to a max of $523 per week (if you make less per week, you get less). They issue you a debit card from Bank of America and they start making payments to it quickly but it's not consistent. Instead of getting 523 a week, you might get 1,023 one week then 23 the following week, then maybe 300, then....you get the point. You get the correct total amount by the end of the 6 weeks though... 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"