Military Families

ADAF - Possible to get out AFTER baby?

A friend of mine had a baby four months ago, at that time she decided not to take the option of getting out. Both she and her husband are AD Security Forces and their unit is not working with them at all in terms of their work schedule and her daycare is losing patience. Her H will be deploying at the beginning of the year, and they do not have family in the area to help. 

I know the military is desperate to kick people out right now, is there anything she can do? Any reg or loophole that she can cite?

TIA!  

Re: ADAF - Possible to get out AFTER baby?

• she needs to talk to her career counselor and see what her options are

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Thank you! I will let her know!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, if she does not have an up to date Family Care plan, then she can receive an honorable discharge. 
  • If they don't have a family care plan either one can very well get chaptered out. At least that's what's happening in my husband's unit right now.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't know how true that is because I didn't have a FCP until Jacob was 14 months old.   Also I tried everything to get out after Jacob was born, I even talked to my Commander and first shirt and unless you have something else like medical where you could get medically discharged you can't get out after the child is born.  You have to wait until your enlistment is up.

• This is not true in the Army. If you do not have a family care plan you can be chaptered. (Who is supposed to care for your child if you deploy?) Most units do not want to eat a non-deployable number on a Soldier that is physically able to deploy, but cannot find someone to take care of their child. As a PP said, they could easily turn it around and have the spouse get out due to the family care plan. 
  • I wish that was true in the AF...  Let me tell you.  It kind of sounds like an out to me.   Hmm have a kid and forget the FCP???  

• imageAshleyM1985:
    I wish that was true in the AF...  Let me tell you.  It kind of sounds like an out to me.   Hmm have a kid and forget the FCP???  

Ha, I hear you! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"