NOVA hospital recommendations — The Bump
D.C. Area Babies

NOVA hospital recommendations

My daughter will have to stay in the hospital for at least 7 days for observation after birth because of some complications I've had. Do any of you have a recommendation of a good NICU? I am in Ashburn and my current OB delivers at Reston Hospital Center. I had always wanted to deliver at INOVA Loudoun at the Birthing Inn but I doubt that will happen with a high-risk baby. Any recommendations for a good hospital in the area?
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.

Re: NOVA hospital recommendations

• I would recommend Virginia Hospital Center in Arlington. They have a great NICU and recently partnered with Children's to provide a higher level of care. Here's a link to more info about it: http://www.virginiahospitalcenter.com/healthinformation/dr_bear_comes_to_virginia_hospital_ctr.aspx
  • Sorry the first link didnt appear for some reason. Hope this one works.

VHC NICU

• I thought I read somewhere that FFX hospital has the best NICU in the area. I've delivered there before and had the best experience. GL
    [IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/aczak2.png[/IMG]
  • My twin girls were in both Fairfax INOVA Hopsital and Fair Oaks INOVA Hostital NICU's this past January. Both are GREAT, doctors and nurses are the best in the area for sure! But due to Fairfax being very crowded I would reccomend Fair Oaks. 

Wife to Brian Mommy to Zoey and Marley Twin Girls Born 1/21/2012
  • I used to work at Fairfax INOVA and provided the diagnostic hearing tests for babies in the NICU.  The NICU nurses and neonatologists were always wonderful to work with.  But like PP said, it is large NICU - for some that's a pro (well trained staff, good equipment, etc), while others find it to be a con (more crowded, "medical" feel).  From my experience, I wouldn't hesitate choosing FFX INOVA.
    BFP#1 on 7.1.10 ~ Little Miss M born on 3.3.11 BFP#2 on 4.7.12 ~ EDD 12.17.12 ~ natural MC at 6w3d BFP#3 in 11.5.12 ~ EDD 6.29.13 ~ angel baby lost at 18w6d due to terminal diagnosis
  • I delivered at the birthing inn, although I didnt have to use it I believe that they have a level 3 NICU there (which from what I understand, can handle babies beyond at least 20 weeks). You should look into their NICU if you have your heart set on that hospital.  That being said, I have always heard amazing things about the FFX NICU.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards