Snarky and T-TTC

Weekend trip ideas?

My birthday is in a couple weeks. DH wants to take me somewhere for a 3 to 4 day long weekend getaway. Our initial spot was Chicago since its close to us in Kansas City, and we've never been there.

The plan was to go sometime in November but everyone is telling us we will freeze to death there in November and it will be mega windy.

California is kind of out since we've been everywhere there, really.

So any ideas on where to go? Somewhere fun, maybe touristy, that we can do in a short trip?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Weekend trip ideas?

• I've never been, but maybe New Orleans?  I'm guessing it will still be warmish there in November.
    TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageJenny829:
    I've never been, but maybe New Orleans?  I'm guessing it will still be warmish there in November.

I was JUST going to say this! I loved NO. Please go and eat your body weight in beignets for me. Mmmm.
  • Loading the player...
  • That hadn't even come up! Ooh I'll talk to DH about it!
  • Okay, you have to go to New Orleans. It's amazing, and the weather won't be hot and oppressive. 

And the daiquiris. Oooh the daiquiris. You can get huge ones and then walk around and sip away. 

Take the trolleys. There's one that goes out by Tulane and passes all these mansions and old beautiful buildings. It's so relaxing. And there's a daiquiri stand at the end of the loop. (I swear I'm not a drunk. I just really love a yummy daiquiri)

We took a paddleboat tour of the Mississippi and that was fun. Had long, slow, lazy coffee and beignets at Cafe Du Monde. 

Oooh, and brunch at Antoines. So. Amazing. It's old, it's full of history, and it was slow the day we were there so our waiter took us on a tour after. If you like Bernaise sauce, come hungry. 

We were at a conference and were able to stay at an amazing hotel, the Monteleone. It was fabulous. And beautiful. The bar in the lobby is a carousel and rotates (slowly, it won't make you dizzy). If it's in the cards, I would stay here - close to everything but just off the noisy streets so that it's quiet. 

We did a cemetery tour, very educational, entertaining, loved it. 

Honestly, this was one of my favorite vacations - and I was on crutches the entire time. I can't wait to go back. 
  • I was going to suggest Memphis, but I change my vote to NO!  ETS made it sound AWESOME!
  • Ok so here's the plan, for now at least, haha! We're checking with my sister and her H to see if we can plan something with them. Either meet in Vegas or they'll come visit here. If they can't swing it, then NO it is!!

I'm getting excited about my birthday now!!
  • That sounds like a great plan!  Either option sounds awesome. Yay for your birthday :)
    TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Well, there is always central Iowa Wink

But it isn't really touristy and probably not Birthday worthy unless you're here for a specific event.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"