Health & Exercise

S Factor and Pole Fitness during Pregnancy

Anyone have any experience or advice on doing S Factor or other Pole classes during pregnancy?  I'm at 7 weeks now, and barely feel like walking to the other side of my apartment, but I'm hoping to return to exercising at some point.  Planning on talking to my dr. about it, but wanted to see if anyone here had any thoughts? 

Thanks! 

Re: S Factor and Pole Fitness during Pregnancy

• I was in the midst of a pole fitness class when I found out I was pregnant.  I found that to be my excuse to quit the class (I was horrible at it, hated it, but paid for it, so felt guilty dropping it).  If you weren't doing it before, then I wouldn't add it now, but I am by no means an expert or a medical professional.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

You can do pole straight through your pregnancy. This is me, at 34 weeks pregnant.  Some movements (those that involve crunching to sit up out of tricks) need to be avoided, but any good instructor should be able to see you clear of those.  

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for your feedback!  I have been doing it for over 2.5 years, so I'm pretty familiar with all the moves and such, but I'm a first time mom-to-be, so everything needs to be checked out, right!

• Hi NYC Mom 2013,

It is best to defer to your doctor. You can show or explain S Factor movement to your doctor. (Clips at our YouTube Channel at SheilaKelleySFactor).   S Factor is an original copyrighted series of fluid feminine movements. All movement can be modified according to each woman's abilities or recommended level of movement. There are classes with or without pole work. Each class is small enough that the teacher will make modifications for your condition and abilities. There is also a "gentle splendor" pole class for more physically challenged women. The class without pole is called FFM, or fluid feminine movement. I hope that helps! Check out Diana's video. This is a breast cancer warrior from the NY studio. She is helping Sheila send a message to the world that all women can feel sexy and beautiful This video was taken 6 days after surgery! Note how she modifies movement according to her pain threshold.  https://youtu.be/Qz3V9M9gquo  ~ Mary (info@sfactor.com)

• imagetasiaceleste:

You can do pole straight through your pregnancy. This is me, at 34 weeks pregnant.  Some movements (those that involve crunching to sit up out of tricks) need to be avoided, but any good instructor should be able to see you clear of those.  

Holy hot mama!! What a fabulous picture!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersimage
  • imageKitT.Kat:
    imagetasiaceleste:

Holy hot mama!! What a fabulous picture!

Tee hee, thanks!  It's actually from my baby shower... we had it at the pole studio.  :)

• I'm a pole dance instructor and have been doing it for 6 years. I poled thru my second trimester and then stopped because I have mild scoliosis, and the shifting weight started to hurt my back. It's wonderful exercise, and I can't wait to get back to it. I would be leery of doing any crazy tricks, especially without a spotter. Now is not the time to fall from 10 ft in the air! Check out other classes as well. My studio offers flexibility and sexy floor classes. Tasia, I also had a pole at my shower. So much fun!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"