Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Article - male embryos implant earlier than female embryos?

So a couple of months ago, I was browsing around the internet and I came across an article that went into some specifics about X / Y sperm traits and XX / XY fertilized eggs.  It had some information about how since X sperm have slightly more genetic material, they are bulkier, heavier. and slower.  And Y sperm are lighter, faster, etc.  The writer went on to state that males follow the "fast and furious" path from the start and male embryos try to grow big very quickly, implant very soon as fertilization and don't invest much in the development of the placenta whereas females took time, developed slightly slower and implanted late but dedicated time to developing the placenta.  Of course the writer made some correlations between typical guy behavior and how XY fertilized eggs are known to develop.  I remember my SIL telling me she wasn't even due for her period yet when she took a regular pregnancy test for #2 and it wasn't even one of those early result tests and it was a strong positive.  At 20 weeks she found out it's a boy!  When I hear of people getting positive HPTs at 8DPO or 9DPO, I always wonder, does that mean a higher likelihood of a boy?  I wish I could find the article again!  I only scanned it and I would like a better read-through and maybe a chance to follow up on any references.   Not like it matters either way but some of the info was intriguing!  If anyone else has seen this article and has the link, I'd love to know!
??
Our little lightbulb is on the way!
12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS

Re: Article - male embryos implant earlier than female embryos?

• Options
    I feel like I've read about this somewhere before also. Definitely worth checking out again!

Hopefully someone can supply the website.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

::coming out of lurking for a sec::

I got my sticky BFPs at 9dpo and 10dpo. Both girls. Obviously that doesn't have any statistical relevance, but it's certainly not a done deal that you're having a boy if you get an early BFP.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    with my son I got a positive HPT at 8 DPO with the dollar tree tests, so it's quite possible! So I guess that means I'm hoping I don't get an early PPT
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    huh, interesting
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I got a positive on a wondfo at 8dpo and on a digi at 9dpo and I ave a girl.
    Lots of love to my BFPB, Squishy622 <3

photo 544b4365-b9ee-4805-ba08-f19896d25dae_zpsd8a0debb.jpgphoto ed61c23b-2bf9-4622-b870-072ac0970775_zpsa90b2a73.jpg

• Options

Another positive at 9dpo with a beautiful girl.

Sounds similar to the theories on making a girl vs a boy (i.e. Shettle's Method, etc) which have mostly proven to be grossly false.

Waiting for #3!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I could care less when or what it is....I just want a BFP

• Options

I'm another early positive HPT with a girl.

I've also heard of the Shette's Method, where male sperm are faster, but don't live as long. I've never heard that the male fertilized egg actually implants earlier. Sounds interesting, but kind of bogus. You'll find out the sex soon enough.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    10 DPO with a boy here. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageBunnyfer:
    I could care less when or what it is....I just want a BFP

No sh!t. Me too.

TTC #1 Since Feb 2012
    Me: 31, DH: 32
    Bloodwork, HSG, and SA = All Good

RE Cycle #1: 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, and TI = BFP on June 8!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Beta #1 115, Beta #2 244, 8 week ultrasound shows one beautiful gummy bear and heartbeat!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"