High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

I think I've graduated

Background: at 27 weeks I had some spotting, sent to L&D and they said I might have a funneling/shortening cervix. Went back in 2 weeks to check, and I had dropped 1 full cm, was put on immediate strict bed rest for IC, received the steroid shots, and was told to try to hang on until 32 weeks.

Well, I had my 36 week appointment today (at 35+5) and everything looks great. I had an internal exam done and my cervix is high and closed, slightly softening. I didn't have a t/v u/s to check shortening cervix (they don't care about that this close to my due date).

Bed rest was completely lifted today - she said to take it easy because I have been immobile for a month and a half, but other than that I am free to do whatever I want! Is it weird that I'm a little scared to re-enter the world?? Haha.

I hope that it's ok that I still lurk on HR - I have received such wonderful support here, and I'm not sure how I would have survived bed rest without you girls. I give major props to those of you who have been on BR for much longer than me... hang in there, you are incredible!!

:o)

image"">image"">imageimage

Re: I think I've graduated

• Options
    Congratulations!  And I am so happy you are able to be up and around.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats! ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats! That's great news!!! Very exciting! Hoping to repeat your success in a month and a half or so too!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yay! I'm so happy for you and you are so close to meeting your LO! Thanks for the headband making idea and be sure to post when LO is here!
    ~ Me, 30 DH, 32 ~ TTC since Oct 2009 septum resection 3/2010 stage IV endo 8/2011 IVF #1 1/25/12, 2 transferred, 2 frozen - BFN FET 2/22/12, 2 transferred - BFN IVF#2 5/12, transferred 3, froze 5, BFP! Beta 1: 151, Beta 2: 282 Cerclage placed @ 17 weeks due to shortening cervix, modified bed rest until delivery SAIF/PAIF always welcome image It's a girl! ~ Clare was born 1/31/13
  • Options
    Congrats! Of course you should stick around. :) And keep us updated about LO!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Awesome!!! Of course you can still hang around! We definitely want to still keep up on what's happening w/ you and baby.

I know if/when my restrictions are lifted it's going to be SO weird. I don't know how much I'll be able to do physically anyway, after being down for so long...gah!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagelucy460:
    imageweddedwife:

Awesome!!! Of course you can still hang around! We definitely want to still keep up on what's happening w/ you and baby.

I know if/when my restrictions are lifted it's going to be SO weird. I don't know how much I'll be able to do physically anyway, after being down for so long...gah!

I would wonder about that. Will you need to do PT to get your strength back?

My first reaction was: "what do people do all day?!". I can't go back to work, but I don't have to stay at home. What should I do?? My first big outing was to Buy Buy Baby - I walked around the store for about 15 minutes and it completely pooped me out!!! My back and hips hurt and I had to walk at about half the speed of smell lol.

I'm planning to do some short outings for a week or so and maybe try to increase my stamina a little at a time. It's crazy how much my body has changed in the time I was on bed rest. Slowwwwly returning to the world. Phew.

image"">image"">imageimage

• Options
    I got the same news yesterday as well!  I am now 80% effaced & a tight 3cm dilated.  My Dr. told me to take it easy the rest of the week but once Monday comes along to go ahead and start walking around & nest all I want!  I too feel weird of being more active.  I am totally excited!  Now that I think about it seven wks of Bed Rest where not that bad.  I am seeing it as a long vacation!  Thanks to everyone for their feedback!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"