Georgia Babies
Options

Kudos to those of you w/ travelling husbands

I don't know how you do it.  Especially those of you that work as well!  Holy cow- yall are super women.  DH is working on a project that has him travelling internationally once a month for the past few mos.  He's been in Tokyo since last Thursday.  We've been ok (thankfully my saint of a mother came up to help me this weekend) but I think it caught up to the kids last night.  Sophie just would not go to sleep so I had to let her CIO while I put Gavin to bed.  He asked why she was crying and I made the mistake of saying that she missed Daddy- he normally does her bedtime routine and she was crying his name :-(.  It must have reminded him that Daddy was gone and then HE burst into tears as well.  O...M...G...  and there was no wine in the house for me!  The house is a total wreck... thankfully I'm teleworking today and only doing a half day while they are at school so I can put this place back together!  DH comes home tomorrow and not a second too soon.  Anyway... I just thought that I should give you travel widows a shout out.  You rock!

Re: Kudos to those of you w/ travelling husbands

• Options
    I think about this all the time...especially army wives! I dont know how they do it...esp when I struggle with just the one child, when my husband goes out of town for work...lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Its definitely a challenge!  But we somehow all muddle through it.  :)  Weekends are the worst without help so you are super lucky your mom came over.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is my new life and its an adjustment.  Thank god for facetime.  They see his face before bed and it mostly goes smoothly.  I haven't had any wine since we moved here because they only sell alcohol in liquor stores, not at the supermarket.  And on the weekends when Nico is home and I could run into the liquor store and get something, things are running smoothly and I don't think about it.  Until bedtime on my own rolls around.  And I'm all, "oh....my....god.... there's still no wine."
  • Options
    When dh had the opportunity to change jobs earlier this year, we knew his travel would increase from 50% to 80%.  I told him that I would support the new job if I could quit my job, and of course I did.  Life has been much different now that I'm not working.  Although I miss dh and it's hard when he's not home, I no longer have that awful stress of what I would do if one of the kids were sick and I had to miss work.  It's still definitely hard when he travels (even worse for my boys), but things are much better that I am now at home full time.  And as for extra help, you are so fortunate.  Sadly, I've never had it and the majority of my family live in the Atlanta area, but either they work or just aren't available to help.  I've always done it on my own.
  • Options
    That's why I didn't go back to work after Abigail was born. It's hard enough with Will traveling so much, especially now that she's old enough to "get it". If I had to work outside the home on too of it, I'd likely be in the looney bin by now.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    And now Sophie's sick so I'm home from work today. 6 hrs till he gets home. I think I can, I think I can...

• Options
    With 1 child it was very different, manageable even with work. Now with 2, I know it's going to be a whole new ball game especially with going back to work on Monday.  Wine has never tasted so good is all I can say!  It is hard, but I'm just glad his schedule isn't a M-Thurs or Friday travel like some of my friends whose husbands are in sales.  I would honestly lose my mind.  Also as hard as it is working too, honestly working for me helps.  The worst part is just being lonely :(
  • Options
    This is my first and my DH travels about 50% of the time. I have no earthly clue how we are gonna swing this once we have a baby....I will be on here searching for all of you for help!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It totally crazy.  One day I keep thinking I will look back and laugh.  Having family close by helps, but with Zack in the National Guard he is sometimes gone for months and maybe even longer in the near future.  
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"