Pre-School and Daycare

Books for boys

For those with boys, what books are they into right now? DS loves the Franklin series and pretty much anything about cars/trucks/dinosaurs, plus the Mo Willems books. But I feel like we read the same things all the time and am looking for other books or series that he might like.

Re: Books for boys

• What about some classics like Frog & Toad, Dr. Suess, Little Bear, Richard Scarry books, Curious George? DD (your son's age) likes all of those right now and DS reads them with us, but he is only 22 months. Good Night, Good Night Construction Site is a hit, too, if you don't have that yet.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Curious George...we have almost every single story.

• Loading the player...
  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Eric Carle books.    We love all of them over here.   
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Right now they are all into any Halloween books.  We go to the library and they all get 4-5 books and they love the seasonal stuff.  They also love the "If you give a mouse a cookie" series.  And the Richard Scarry books... and any of the look and find books.
  • I second Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site.

Also- Giraffes Can't Dance, Little Blue Truck Leads the Way, The Pout Pout Fish, *** a doodle Quack Quack are some of our other favorites 

• What shows is he into? My kIds both like to read Dora and Diego books but we are not gender stereotypical in this house especially for reading, I want to expand their worlds through reading.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • DS loves the Little Critter series we have so many and he never gets tired of them. Also, he went through a Curious George phase as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We started the Magic Treehouse series when DS was about that age. There are a ton of them.
  • DS is loving:

The Astonishing Secret of Awesome Man by Michael Chabon.

The Book with  Hole by Herve Tullet (this is the coolest book ever!)

Curious George (he only has one book so I'm getting him a couple more for Christmas and his birthday) 

and then he is missing the following classics from his library and will be getting them this holiday season:

Alexander, and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Where the Wild Things Are

Harry and the Dirty Dog

Lyle, Lyle Crocodile 

I think we will try chapter books this year, and I'm considering starting with Winnie the Pooh and Stuart Little. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks everyone! We actually just received Goodnight Goodnight Construction Site as a gift and he really loves that. And we also have all of the Curous George and Clifford books but he seems to not be into those as much anymore. I'll head to the library this week and try to pick up some of the others that were mentioned!

• The Froggy series is fabulous as well as the Berenstain Bears. Curious George is king in our house. I think we have nearly all of them. The Cat in the hat learning series as the pp stated, . Some other random ones I can think of: Commotion in the Ocean, Chicks and Salsa (highly recommend!!).

• Both of my boys (4-1/2 and 3) love "The Cat in the Hat" books. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"