Multiples

29 weeks, dilated just over 2cm, 50% effaced.

Ok, so I'm on hospital bed rest. I'm having painful/uncomfortable contractions, but just during the night. I was checked this morning and I'm just over 2cm dilated and 50% effaced.  I'm also barely able to stay awake during the day, have very little appetite and I'm nauseated.  I'm having triplets so I don't expect to go long.  

Any guesses on how much longer I'll make it? I'd love to get to 32 weeks.  

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: 29 weeks, dilated just over 2cm, 50% effaced.

• Hard to say how much longer it will be.  Sending prayers your way that those babies keep on cooking!  Good luck!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hoping you keep those babies cookin for a couple of more weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • With singletons, my cousin managed another 3-4 weeks after finding out she was dilated to 2 or 3 with a couple of her kids, so there's certainly hope for making it to 32w... tho I'd guess maybe closer to just 1 or 2 weeks with trips. Just rest as much as you can and drink lots of water. You're already past some pretty major mile stones, so just hang in there!
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• I have no personal advice, but have heard of women lasting another several week even when dilated. 

Fx that you can keep your babies cooking a lot longer.

PAIFW/SAIFW

DS1 born July 2002 (previous marriage).

TTC since Oct 08. DH Dx w/testicular cancer March 09.
    MFI due to retrograde ejaculation/azoospermia.
    5/2 IVF #1 cancelled due to large follie.
    6/14 start Lupron for IVF #1.2. 6/22 start stims.
    7/4 ER and Biopsy.
    7/9 Transferred 2 (1-4BB and 1-3BB) embryos.  4 frosties.
    7/15 +HPT 6dp5dt. 7/18 Beta #1: 193. 7/20 Beta #2: 415.
    8/10 1st u/s - It's triplets!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Are you on meds to stop contractions?  Fingers crossed for many more weeks.
  • Thank you everyone, I'm praying they'll stay in longer. I am on procardia. I've had one round of steroids back at 23 weeks and the MFM said he'll probably do another set right before. 

I feel so happy to be at 29 weeks, but I went and visited the NICU and it just made me cry so much to see the tiny babies. I have tons of guilt knowing they'll be born early.  

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"