Central Florida Babies
Options

Women's Centre for Excellence??

Hi Ladies,

My husband and I are in the process of TTC. I really thought this month was it, but onto another month.

I have read a lot of positive comments about this centre. I was curious how well the centre does with "natural birthing option?" I know birth plans are more like birth requests since things can happen. I just want to know that they are behind that option and dont want to rush into inducing or anything like that.

Thanks ladies! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Women's Centre for Excellence??

• Options
    I will be going there for my first appt on the 24th. I want a totally natural birth, and I am having some anxieties about finding a dr that will be on my side. If you don't get any other answers, I will let you know how it goes. I was just trying to google info on them about 20 min ago but didn't have any luck on the "natural birth" topic.
  • Options
    My doctor is very supportive of natural births.  He has since changed practices but is still in the Clermont area.  It is Dr. Sturm with Healthy Women of Florida.  It's located in the South Lake Hospital women's center.  He was awesome during the delivery of my daughter and will definately have him deliver any future children as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I finally went in for my first appt with them yesterday, so as promised here is my opinion!! I LOVED it!! I had to wait about 25 minutes to be taken back but my appt was also at 4:45pm and I had to fill out all kinds of new pt paperwork and it took a little longer than I anticipated. They were all very nice. I saw Dr. McLaughlin. She was so nice and bubbly and answered every question I had, and made sure I was comfortable with everything before I left. She went through a questionnaire on how I would like my birth process to go. Epidural? No Epidural? blah blah blah. I told her I really want to go as natural as possible and she said she was all for that! I was so relieved to hear that! They also are huge advocates for breast feeding. They didn't pressure me into getting any vaccinations(flu and whooping cough) and said that it was totally my decision and to let them know if I would like to get them.

There are a couple doctors in the practice so they make you rotate through them once so you meet them all and then you can choose to stick to one dr if you like them better. That way you know the dr that will be on call when you go into labor. They also have a midwife that I will being seeing at my 16 week visit! 

I def recommend this practice! 

Good Luck, in you TTC process! PM me if you have any other questions!  

• Options

I've been going there for years... They also delivered my first and are my Dr's for this pregnancy as well.  I would recommend them to ANYONE in the Clermont or Downtown Orlando area, as they now have a second office there!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"