5 Weeks Pregnant

5 weeks-Thrilled & Terrified?!?!

My husband and I have been TTC since 2006 and just got our very first BFP on 10/4/12.  I have never been more elated, but just can't shake the totally terrified feeling that I've wanted this for so long that it's too good to be true :( 

I had my first HCG drawn the day we found out and it was at 30.  4 days later it was at 187.  My doc wasn't in to talk to, but the nurse said that was a good thing...that it needs to double every 48 hours or so.  Just seems low I guess. 

Anyone else going through the number game or the thrilled/terrified feelings?

Dx with PCOS in 2004; TTC #1 since 2006. 6 failed rounds of Clomid, 1 failed round of injectibles, innumerable failed cycles of herbs, accupuncture, etc. FINALLY got BFP on 10/4/2012 after 2 rounds of Femara Can't wait to be a mommy! Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 5 weeks-Thrilled & Terrified?!?!

• This is my first pregnancy also. I was on depo for birth control for over 10 years. I read all the horror stories of trying to get pregnant after depo and thought it would never happen. Well I'm 5 weeks also and it took 10 months of trying. I am ecstatic. I went for my first Dr.'s appointment today my Dr. Told me I have a 30 chance of miscarriage and to be careful who I tell the news. I am terrified. I'm a nurse and I deal with statistics all the time. I don't know what he used to get this percentage for me. If it is based on my age, labs, or exam. I was so nervous during my appointment I couldn't ask any questions. I completely understand the thrilled/terrified. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a healthy pregnancy and baby for you!! What has been getting me through is thinking about how people have been doing this for eternity and they didn't have the technology knowledge we have now.
  • Hi, I am 5 weeks along as well. Or at least I think so. My LMP was September 30 so according to the calculator I am 5 weeks. I am thrilled and excited but then so scared and terrified. I have been with my husband for 10 years and on the pill for all 10 years. We have been married for a little over a year. I decided to stop taking my birth control about 3 months ago and we were still trying to not get pregnant by calculating when I ovulate. But I guess that did not work. We are so nervous as this was not planned. I am 26 years old and this is my first pregnancy. It still does not seem real. I am going to make my first appointment tomorrow. When is it normal to be seen for a first visit?
  • Loading the player...
  • most Ob/gyns wont see you until you are 7-8 weeks along. Good luck everyone! This is my second child on the way, so a little advice, Dont Stress. just get rest and be happy about your little miracle. I liked reading My Pregnancy Week By Week.It was only a few pages for each week of your pregnancy and it was extremely helpful
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"