Phoenix Babies
Options

Scottsdale Shea Maternity

My pregnancy was induced and I was there from 12 am to be induced i was 4 centimeters open at 10 and never was checked till at 4 something my baby's head popped out. No nurses around just my hubby and mom. They called nurses by the time they came my baby's head was out and the neck. Horrible i almost bled to death and they called my doctor 30 minutes after delivery and i was there ripped open he had to sew me up took him an hour and a half. before that I had another obgyn come in just to eavesdrop and say that she could not do anything for me.

Re: Scottsdale Shea Maternity

• Options
    OMG! How awful! I hope all is well with you and baby now! I will be delivering there in about three weeks! This is my first baby so I don't know what to expect at all! Who was your Doctor if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    That is super scary! Hope all is well.  I won't be delivering there for sure.
    Shelle Married to the love of my life! Mommy to JAE
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Scottsdale Shea is the absolute worst!! We had so many problems there. Me and my oldest DD almost died because of that hospital.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    wow...that is the first time I have ever heard anything negative about SHC. I am delivering there next year and all my friends delivered there and couldn't be happier. Maybe you just got stuck with a crappy shift. Sorry that you went through all that. 
  • Options
    I have delivered two beautiful and healthy babies there with ZERO problems. Love the care and love we received. I can't wait to deliver my third there in May. Your doctor should have played a more active role it seems.
  • Options

I'm going to be completely honest in saying that I have a really hard time believing this story. I just had my baby there on Friday and stayed until Sunday morning. The staff was absolutely wonderful and I had an amazing birth experience. My nurse almost never left my side from start to finish.  The respected all of my decisions and my birth plan.

Most of my friends have delivered there as well, and again, all wonderful experiences. For those of you considering Shea, I wouldn't take this random poster's story too seriously. In fact, I plan on delivering all my future children at Shea.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My experiences with them have been OUT OF THIS WORLD AMAZING. I have literally traveled 2hrs in serious pain because this was THE hospital I trusted. I would never go anywhere else, especially for maternity, however I can  vouch that even the best hospitals have horror stories, so I guess you never know. Phoenix Children's is supposed to be an awesome hospital too, but the way they treated me, my family & my son they are ruined for me. Sadly when a hospital or a doctor has a bad day it's life & death.
    BFP 4/3/07 EDD 11/23/07 MC 7/20/07 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    that's so scary. are you recovering okay? why didn't the hospital page your OB? or get the on-call OB?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"