2nd Trimester

When will my husband feel baby kicking?

I am 22 weeks, I have been feeling alot of movement, my husband want's to feel as well! Wondering when your husband/partner have felt movement?

Re: When will my husband feel baby kicking?

• I'm 22wks as well and my hubby also hasn't been able to feel it even when I do. I think it depends on your body type because I know I had some extra layers before baby so I think it'll happen for me maybe 30wks or so. That's why my gyno told me when i asked her. 

However, I have friends who are pregnant that are sticks and you could feel it on the outside real fast like 18wks so it's different for everyone.

I find comfort knowing it'll happen eventually, I'm just impatient! :)  

Pregnancy Ticker Owner & Creator of www.GreatestKidsGames.com
  • He was able to feel it from the outside at around 21 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 23 weeks and can't feel it from the outside yet.  BUT I do have anterior placenta, which I'm sure makes it a little tougher, plus a nice layer of chub :)

One of my cats was on my belly the other day purring and I felt little kicks here and there.  Then all of a sudden, she kicked so hard that I was able to SEE the cat move from the impact!!  I'm guessing the outside with come soon.  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • He first felt the baby around 21 weeks. He's only been able to feel her a handful of times though... only when it's super powerful. I also have an anterior placenta and some chub! We both only get to feel her really low, at the base of my belly.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I felt a very light baby movement at 16 weeks pregnant but my husband felt from 28 weeks.
  • I want to say it was around 23 weeks. Now we can watch my belly move and I am by no means a skinny girl.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was 19 almost 20 weeks. It wasn't consistent though now he gets to feel her all the time. Don't worry it'll happen
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My husband felt her at 21w .. which was early according to my doctor because I have an anterior placenta. 
  • My DH was able to feel a few strong kicks starting this week (21 weeks). He still cannot feel anything most of the time unless they are pretty strong kicks. I do have an anterior placenta, so that may be why. That, and it seems like every time I put DH's hand on my belly DS stops kicking :)
  • I think it depends on your body type. I was about 30 lbs heavier starting out with my 1st baby and he didn't feel the kicks until close to 27 weeks. This time around, I was a lot more fit starting out and he felt movement for the first time yesterday. :) I'm 5'5 and 138 right now, but mostly muscle. I was 170 and mostly pudge when he felt our first baby around 27 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was about 22 weeks when Mr. got a kick in the head when he was talking to my belly. He didn't start feeling him more than tiny little bumps until last week. Depending on your body type, it may take a while or it might be fast. It depends on your shape, where the baby is located, etc. 
  • PLEASE no one misconstrue this but I sincerely believe that it really depends on the size of a woman before conception. I was 110 before conception and I could feel thumps at 15 weeks, my boyfriend felt them closer to 17 weeks. I am now 22 weeks and we can not only feel them but we can see them too. With my daughter it was similar. My brother whose fiance is a bit over weight did not feel any movement till closer to 24 weeks when someone advised him to have her drink plenty of juice and lay on her left side for a while then get on her back once she felt movement and press gently down on the area that she senses movement and BINGO he finally felt his son move. I hope that this helps you and your husband as it did my brother. :))

Happy growing

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagecfarrell20211:
    I am 22 weeks, I have been feeling alot of movement, my husband want's to feel as well! Wondering when your husband/partner have felt movement?

I have an average build (size 6 to 8 prepregnancy, but I'm very short so not skinny at that size) and DH could feel baby at about 17 or 18 weeks. That said, I told him to feel for something like a strong (sometimes moving) pulse under my skin, NOT for anything like kicks. We still don't feel what I would describe as kicks, more a feeling about the strength of a strong pulse that comes and goes and moves around... Maybe if you describe it to him he'll feel it sooner? Either way I bet you feel it before too long. Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When I was pregnant with DD, MH was able to feel movement around 19 or 20 weeks. I first felt her move at 15 weeks. There is a huge range for what is normal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I started feeling it from the outside early last week... 22 weeks. However, every single time he put his hand on my belly, baby would instantly stop and not start again until he removed his hand! I hear a lot of babies a stubborn like that so don't get too frustrated if the same thing happens to you.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It was 17 weeks when my husband felt little "taps" I am 5'8" and was 135 prepregnancy. Now he feels him kicking punching rolling and everything. He is moving my iPad around as I type this with his kicks, lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I think I was almost 25 weeks before MH felt anything.
  • DH was able to feel the baby ONCE around 20 weeks.  After that it was about 24-25 weeks before he could feel her on a consistent basis.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm 24 weeks. My husband has been able to feel baby kick for a while now... I think he started feeling him around 18-20 weeks, about the same time I did... Is that weird? He definitely feels him now. OMG. My little boy kicks his dada HARD. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"