Postpartum Depression

pre-baby depression/anxiety

I've started Wellbutrin today.. I've had the prescription for a few months now from my doctor because I used to take it pre-pregnancy but stopped at 5 weeks gestation. I've been seeing a counselor lately and have tried non-pharmacological methods for anxiety and depression...but I can't manage it that way anymore. And now I feel so guilty, at 35 weeks, for starting a medication. I know it shouldn't hurt the baby but it makes me feel ashamed.. and awful. I wanted to wait until after the baby but I've reached my threshold. I don't like to hang my laundry out there but I just had to vent. 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: pre-baby depression/anxiety

• I'm sure it's better for your baby to have a happy, medicated mom than one who's just suffering needlessly. I hope you enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.
  • I am on Wellbutrin too. I was on a higher dose and have been tapering it down. Last pregnancy I quit at 6 weeks and managed ok. This time I am already feeling the effects just with the lower dose and want off, the guilt of taking meds pregnant is so strong. I want to completely quit but I doubt I could manage. I guess it all falls down to does the benefits outweigh the risk. 
    Mom of a 3 year old girl, two stars in the sky and one growing peanut due April 2013.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so worried!!! I had PPD after my first son was born. I have alredy talked to my doc about it this time and he said if I needed something before baby gets here he would give me something. But like you I really want to try and hold out. I just feel like i am falling apart the past few days. Stressing about getting the last minute things done like cleaning the house, etc. I have been having contractions almost daily, have terrible headaches, feel sick to my stomach and my legs are swollen. UGH!!!! I keep telling myself only 5 more weeks, I can do this. I hope...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"