Georgia Babies

Ballet classes or gymnastics?

We are considering one of the for L. Our daycare does in house ballet for her age group but I wonder if the price is good compared to other places. I kind of want to see the class. But it's also super convenient. I also think she might enjoy gymnastics. She is all about tumbling and things like that.

Can you tell me about how much your ballet or gymnastics classes cost? And which one would you recommend?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ballet classes or gymnastics?

• I would start out with the convenience of the one that comes to the daycare.  Tess does a tap & ballet class and gymnastics. The tap and ballet is $70/month (1 hour per week) and I think gymnastics is $50.

She loves, loves, loves dance! She would pick tap and ballet over gymnastics but we are already at the gym from 5:30-8 with Emma and since there was a 6:00-7:00 class that Tess could take I went ahead and signed her up. 

• Isaac is doing Mommy and Me gymnastics at Excel in Lawrenceville and P does the Preschool class (no mommy).  We love it!  We quit ballet this year to try this instead after P did not even want to go onstage during the recital last year although she did enjoy the classes and getting dressed up!  I think you can go either way.  But the daycare convenience is awfully nice.
  • Loading the player...
  • kegkeg member
    Convenience is definitely a good thing. :-)  I couldn't decide for my girls and thankfully the YMCA has a class that's 30 minutes of gymnastics and 30 minutes of ballet.  Figured it was a good intro at their age.  I think it's $125 (each) for 8 weeks and then an additional $35 program fee (maybe good for a year?) since we don't belong to the Y. 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Ava does both.  She does dance at school which is around $50 and gymnastics on Saturday morning which is $70.  When we started with gymnastics last year it was only $45 but she has moved up and is now in an hour class.  I am not thrilled with the dance class at school but she is learning some.  You can't beat the convenience though.  Next year she will be in pre-k in the morning and dance class is @ 10 am so I won't have her in it next year b/c I don't want her to miss school.  Ava loves both of them but would probably pick gymnastics over dance.  Either one is a good choice.  
    photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We used to do gymnastics for around 70/month. And then we switched to ballet which is about 60/month. But neither are part of school.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"