Georgia Babies
Options

Pediatric Eye Exams

My son is 2 1/2 (Will be 3 in January) and is tranistioning from Babies Can't Wait to the school system for speech services.  The school system does a hearing and vision screening during the evaluation process and he did not pass the vision screening.  So, now he has to get an eye exam before we can proceed.  They said it could be nothing, but we have to get it checked.  When I made the appointment they said it would be a 2 hour appointment and they would dilate his eyes!  UGH!  Doesn't sound fun.  We have our appointment with Dr. Berland from Thomas Eye Group.  I was curious if anyone has used him or has another recommendation, or can give me more info on what they do at the exam. 

Thanks!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic     xndk6a

My Ovulation Chart             My Blog

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Pediatric Eye Exams

• Options
    We saw Dr. Bordenca at Eye Consultants of Atlanta.  My daughter is only 1 though and has had periodic exams since birth because she was born early.  Fortunately, we have had no problems.  The last exam was at 1, her eyes were dialated, but the actual exam lasted 5 minutes.  The dilation didn't bother her at all, she was fine as soon as we left.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We use Dr. Lipsky from Thomas Eye Group.  My son failed his vision screening that GA PreK does and we immediatley made an appt.  The first visit is a long one and they will dialate his eyes, but honestly it's harder on you than it is them.  After bifocals, patches, and eye surgery, we are on a path that will hopefully get my son out of glasses in the end.  I freaked out in the beginning, but now I just go with the flow.  When Dr. Lipsky told me my daughter also needed glasses, I didn't bat an eye.  Better to help correct it now while the eye is still developing. You're in good hands with Dr. Berland.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They will ask him to look at a series fo charts with both eyes and then seperately, at different depth intervals.  They will also check to make sure his eyes are working together and check to see if he has depth perception.  They did a lot of stuff to check how well an eye will focus on objects that are near and far.  Same stuff they do in adult exams.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"