New Jersey Babies

Newton Memorial Hospital - Experiences?

Hi,

I'm due in Dec and was just wondering what your experiences were at Newton Hospital; Newton and Morristown are the same distance from where we live. I've already done the hospital tour at Newton but just would like some experiences good or bad.

Thanks ladies!

image Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image

Re: Newton Memorial Hospital - Experiences?

• There's absolutely no comparison between the two. Morristown is hands down the better hospital. Better staff, facility, and most importantly better L&D and NICU departments. Newton is considered a joke.

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks  :) I'm switching OB's since I'm not so happy with mine and they don't deliver at Morristown
    image Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • I'm a cancer survivor and spent ALOT of time in Morristown hospital, but not in the maternity wing. You will never be able to beat that hospital. If I could have found an OBGYN that was not so far away from me and one I liked I would have went there to go to morristown. However, I already had one that I like and trusted and she only worked out of Newton(Even though any of the dr's in her practice could have delivered)

So anyway.... I Had my baby at newton and I was skeptical especially after Morristown I felt comfortable with.  I went there once because I was a little hydrated during pregnancy when I had a stomach bug. I was not overall impressed that day because I'm not found of hospitals either but was not ready to switch drs.

When I got there the nurse that checked me in was amazing from Minute 1. They had to check to make sure my water really did break and start me on that medicine. Shortly nurses switched shifts and I had one of the head nurses as my nurse and she was also great.

When it was finally time to push the Dr. that was there delivering had 2 or 3 other babies literally being delivered at the same time. It was almost like a race. The nurse stated with me the whole time and pretty much delivered my baby. She really helped me get through it, she was tough but encouraging. The dr really only came in quick to catch the baby as she came out. They made me feel comfortable and I really trusted them through it all. I had the same two most of the time I was there and they were helpful when I needed it.

I'm sure morristown would have been great but I was happy with the nurses I had at Newton. The only thing I found off which is probably same anywhere is they all have so many different ways to help you to breastfeed that they seen work so my head was a little crazy from that.

Newton has really stepped it up I think, (again nothing will compare to morristown) But I really think it depends on how you feel about your doctor or doctors that will be delivering too.

Any questions PM, me I will check that when I can!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"