June 2011 Moms
Options

CPF: Close with neighbors?

The TOTing post got me wondering if we are the only jerks that aren't close with our neighbors.  We've lived there for 3.5 years and wave hi and smile to our neighbors, but that's about it.[Poll]
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: CPF: Close with neighbors?

• Options

I guess it is CPF today, not CPW! 

To add to the above, I do talk to our neighbor's daughter a lot.  She is 7 and comes over to see Vito and play with him a few times a week.  Her dad is very nice and chats with us from time to time too. 

• Options
    I guess we are kinda sorta SSs here.  We are friendly with the neighbors on either side of us in that we make small talk with them when we are outside at the same time.  We share our driveway with a woman who is in probably in her 50s.  A school teacher in her last year - real nice woman and she gives us gifts on occasion (items for Stella, baked goods, that sort of thing), we watch out for each others' property, DH keeps both sides of the driveway clear in the winter, etc.  One of the guys in the duplex on the other side has been there forever...again, I'd estimate him to be in his 50s.  Nice guy, divorced.  Stella loves his dog (a little Scottie).  The neighbors behind, we are friendly with as well...they are a young couple with a son two months older than Stella, but we really don't socialize with them.  The neighbors in the duplexes across the street...well, I've posted about them on more than one occasion.  The cops are regulars there.  I kinda suspect a growing operation in one of the places as well.  I miss the renters that were there when I moved in!  We actually did socialize with them!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We know at least 3 of our neighbors well enough to talk to and we've been to their bbqs, things like that.  One of them has babysat DD once too. 

We've lived here almost 8 years though.  It was several years before we really started talking much to any of them.

• Options
    I feel fortunate to be friends with our neighbors.  We are friends with the neighbors across the street from us and across the street from them (one is a corner house).  We have had Thanksgiving and Easter dinner with them.  We all are not from where we currently live.  One neighbor watched Caleb twice a week when I first went back to work, and both are willing to watch him if I get in a pinch.  I have got out to dinner with the other 2 moms, and we try to get together at least once a month to visit and so the kids can play.
    Pinterest
    My Blog- Life With a Toddler
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#2 12/2/12 EDD 8/26/13; No heartbeat at 6w6d on 1/4/13; D&C 1/5/13
    My Ovulation Chart
    PgAL/PAL Always Welcome
  • Options
    When we moved into our neighborhood we were one of the 1st 20 people to move in. We all got together, had parties at eachothers houses, celebrated birthday parties, even had block parties. It was fun while it lasted, UNTIL we had my birthday party...  One of my neighbors who is not an immediate neighbor came over a little toasted & decided to pick a fight with my 18 year old brother. My older brother ended up breaking it up & head locking the idiot until the cops came.  Needless to say, everyone scattered like roaches & the neighborhood has not been the same since. We still talk to our immediate neighbors, but almost everyone else just waves to the idiot. No more parties, no more inviting people over with family, & everyone just keeps to themselves.
  • Options
    I voted for the second option because our neighbors are all much older than us. We chat with them all regularly and we chat in each other's yards and garages. We are more than friendly neighbors, but not really friends because of the age difference.
  • Options
    I wish we knew our neighbors better, especially the hot one down the street (jk jk- he's hot though). We've lived here already 2 years and have never met our neighbor to the left. The others just keep to themselves and will say hi occasionally. We tend to keep to ourselves too so I guess it works both ways.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"